Craft Soda Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Soda Logo

Craft soda logo for Fentimans, a smaller competitor in the craft soda space. They wanted "Fearless" the dog incorporated, as well as crisp, bold type.

Quesitons:

Does it communicate a craft soda company?

Does the dog mark work with the type?

Let me know any other thoughts as well! This will be used on packaging, branding materials, video content, etc.

I think if it were me, I'd try to draw the dog with a bit more definition. I just pulled the following images from Google, but they demonstrate what I'm referring to.

"Does it communicate a craft soda company?" Well, I'm not quite sure what it takes to easily communicate that. It has that slightly retro, hipsterish craft look to it, and it does say, "craft soda," so, yes, it think it communicates what it's meant to say.

"Does the dog mark work with the type? I'm not sure the shapes fit all that well together, but both the dog and the word mark shapes are roundish, which I think visually helps connect them. The word Fentimans could be quite plain, like you've done, but I can also see it being a bit more ornate, with, perhaps, slab serfs or outlines or inlines or something to that effect. I wouldn't get too detailed with it, though.

Comment

Just because the owner of the company wants his dog in his logo isn't necessarily a good reason to have a dog in the logo.
      I thought this was for dog food even while knowing the title said ''craft soda.''

Craft sodas are sold like craft beers, at least around here, as singles in a refrigerator case. You mix and match your own six. Or as six packs on shelves with very little facing space. How well will this logo compete for attention with all the other craft soda labels?

Comment

I like the idea of having the tongue hanging out like that, with this expression of anticipation (like a dog waiting for a delicious treat!). But if you just zoom in on that tongue, the shape looks weird. The dog needs to be refined and simplified a lot more to work as a logo. (See https://www.behance.net/milash for inspiration for what I mean there.) If you're going for an illustrative look it has an even longer way to go.

The devil's in the details. Right now it looks like a live trace of a photo.
        You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

I agree the dog needs a lot more work; the pointed tongue and weak or absent facial features leave him looking odd, in a bad way.

I also have a problem with putting the word "craft" on the product. I understand the concept of "craft" beverages, and the desire to seat the product firmly among the players in the genre, but IMO, when the purveyors themselves of "crafted" products put that word on the label, it takes the air out of the notion. It' not unlike the step down in class it would be if the emblem on a Ferrari included the tagline; "Unique, Hand-Built Sports Car". It's one thing to imply something the market should infer, but it's just tacky to say it outright on the product itself.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

That's not a small craft soda company. They've been around since 1905! Plus there is a lot of history involved not mentioned in your brief.

Looking at the label currently in use, what you've replicated there is basically the neck band of the existing brand.
            I'd explore the main label a lot more. Bring some of the history into it. Update the font used for the name appropriately.

Nice account to snag!

Good luck.

PS, the reason I was looking? After 24 hours on GDF I wanted to see where your query landed in search results.
            Your query posted here doesn't show up until the third page of goggle results for Fentimans soda. So they already have some really good SEO.

Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-08-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
              Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
              Glitchin
              Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
              Today, 03:55 PM
            • Glitchin
              Comment on Logo Feedback
              Glitchin
              I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
              Today, 03:24 PM
            • Glitchin
              Reply to Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
              Today, 02:58 PM
            • Glitchin
              Comment on Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
              Today, 02:54 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Portfolio usage of work
              PrintDriver
              Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
              Today, 12:42 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X