Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi folks, first time posting here, may I request some feedback for a logo design?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks, first time posting here, may I request some feedback for a logo design?

I have fairly thick skin so feel free to be honest.

Here's the logo:

http://i.imgur.com/dgrkp12.jpg

It's for an app development company.

(I've read the forum rules & etiquette links as well).

Thanks,

Hi someguy !

Okay this is my impression/opinion: I think there's some real cleverness here -- but I think it's too busy. I'd lose the gradients for a start, or maybe tone the gradients back to just the "fingerprint" mark rather than the whole thing.

The leaves are large and overwhelming. Can that be scaled/toned back a bit?

What about making the thumbprint mark (which I really like) into the shape of a seed? The circle and the "app square" shape and the whole composition -- I don't know, it just feels disjointed.

The leaves - maybe more like a seedling rising up out of it? I think this might be why the leaves feel so big... I can see you've used some negative space in the fingerprint mark that relate to the leaves... but a fledgling plant wouldn't be so big... this is just an image to show you what's in my head: http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/gree...t-seedling.jpg

Hope that helps!
    You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

It struck me as kind of literal.
      Then is reminded me of how much I hate fingerprints on my phone screen.

Comment

Thanks EC. Really useful.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X