Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi folks, first time posting here, may I request some feedback for a logo design?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks, first time posting here, may I request some feedback for a logo design?

I have fairly thick skin so feel free to be honest.

Here's the logo:

http://i.imgur.com/dgrkp12.jpg

It's for an app development company.

(I've read the forum rules & etiquette links as well).

Thanks,

Hi someguy !

Okay this is my impression/opinion: I think there's some real cleverness here -- but I think it's too busy. I'd lose the gradients for a start, or maybe tone the gradients back to just the "fingerprint" mark rather than the whole thing.

The leaves are large and overwhelming. Can that be scaled/toned back a bit?

What about making the thumbprint mark (which I really like) into the shape of a seed? The circle and the "app square" shape and the whole composition -- I don't know, it just feels disjointed.

The leaves - maybe more like a seedling rising up out of it? I think this might be why the leaves feel so big... I can see you've used some negative space in the fingerprint mark that relate to the leaves... but a fledgling plant wouldn't be so big... this is just an image to show you what's in my head: http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/gree...t-seedling.jpg

Hope that helps!
    You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

It struck me as kind of literal.
      Then is reminded me of how much I hate fingerprints on my phone screen.

Comment

Thanks EC. Really useful.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
          Reply to Hello from Lisbon / Portugal
          Craig B
          Welcome to the madness.
          Today, 03:06 PM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to Hello from Lisbon / Portugal
          KitchWitch
          Hi LuisG and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
          Today, 02:51 PM
        • LuisG
          Hello from Lisbon / Portugal
          LuisG
          Hello everybody, thanks for having me, I'm an TI professional, entrepreneur and founder who happens to have more than 25 year of experience in Prepress and Web to Print solutions. Hope to contribute somehow...
          Today, 02:15 PM
        • B
          Reply to Graphic Design Portfolio
          B
          Graphic design almost always centers around a point, and that point usually has to do with influencing a target audience. Attractiveness -- as in looking good -- is typically more effective in doing that...
          Today, 01:50 PM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to Graphic Design Portfolio
          KitchWitch
          Hi AJ and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
          Today, 01:26 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X