Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business card logo feedback

Hi all,
    Working on my business card for a video editing, motion graphics & brand design company:
    http://i.imgur.com/NNKX9ta.jpg
    I have 3 variations for front and back. Could you let me know if you prefer a certain design combination and any tweaks you'd make?
    Also, if you don't like any of them, let me know, that's also really useful.
    Thanks again to the community.

I like the ideas you've come up with and trying to implement motion.

For the first one (all white one) you may want to flip the direction of the motion to give off the sense of moving forward, rather than backward.

I like the creativity of the colored one, but it isn't exactly easy on the eyes; not sure how long I could stare at it without getting a headache.

I'm no print expert but I would make sure you print samples before printing 500 cards, because the transparencies and blurs that are in the designs may not print so well.

I like the text on the back of the second one better because it's easier to read.

There's a lot of empty space on both of the back designs; have you played around with some other ideas for the back of the card? Empty space can work in a design (works better in the first card) but it can also make a design seem unfinished if not executed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by calebninja View Post
      I like the ideas you've come up with and trying to implement motion.

For the first one (all white one) you may want to flip the direction of the motion to give off the sense of moving forward, rather than backward.

I like the creativity of the colored one, but it isn't exactly easy on the eyes; not sure how long I could stare at it without getting a headache.

I'm no print expert but I would make sure you print samples before printing 500 cards, because the transparencies and blurs that are in the designs may not print so well.

I like the text on the back of the second one better because it's easier to read.

There's a lot of empty space on both of the back designs; have you played around with some other ideas for the back of the card? Empty space can work in a design (works better in the first card) but it can also make a design seem unfinished if not executed properly.

I agree. Good concepts and, for the most part, good execution. I think "B" is the best. However, I think it would really benefit the back if you lost the logo in the corner and incorporated some of the blended lines you used to on the front to fill up the empty space where the logo is (but shouldn't be).

Comment

Hi Bmyers259 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

You've got all of the elements for one kick-ass business card, just spread out across three variations. I think the color from the second should be avoided - that'd be more expensive to print, and I think the contrast of the bright white poking through the black is going to stand out enough and really look awesome on a business card - especially under something like fluorescent light if someone hands one to another person in an office. So I'd suggest the second variation, but monochrome - the blurring on the first one probably wouldn't translate to the cardstock texture very well.

For the back, I think the actual text formatting is superior, but could use a pt. increase, and change to the thinner font used in back A, as well as removing the logo. Lastly, a nitpicky detail, you should maybe try splitting up the phone number from one long string in to the ***-***-**** format - it just makes more sense to the human brain that has seen phone numbers formatted like that since birth. There's ways to do it stylishly - could always use thin periods or interpuncts instead of hyphens and it'd be a world of difference in terms of legibility.

Despite my paragraphs, you do have a good card here, and it'll go from good to great with a little fine-tuning. Cheers!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X