Logo Critique for a newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Critique for a newbie

First of all, I'm looking for some critique on my logo. I'm looking to do some occasional design work and am primarily aiming at smaller businesses with less money to spend on design because I don't think I'm good enough to take on anything of significant value. Do you have any tips on how to improve my logo? There isn't much of a story behind the branding; it's a shortened version of the address I lived in when I decided I wanted to get more involved in design!
    Attached Files

Hi 8spring and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

because I don't think I'm good enough to take on anything of significant value.
      But here's the thing. The work is of extreme value to the unaware client who may hire you.
      The success of their endeavor rests on your skill, or lack thereof.

Is the fern image part of your logo?

Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-24-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Using a raster image as part of a logo tells me all I need to know.
        Good luck.

Comment

That's some tough love there PrintDriver.

I get what you did there with the 8 it's a S and D... the D might not be easily understandable. I mean I don't know what the business is about. Maybe the font is too serious and too light compared to the mark as well.

Comment

I like the simpleness of the design. It's got a boldness to it, but it's not too busy.
            However, I am not sure about the SD. It looks too much like the number 8.

I'd go for the second version, but use white instead of grey (as the grey looks like a mistake). I'd also try and fix up the logo, so it doesn't look like an 8.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
              Reply to 3D view of a logo
              KitchWitch
              Hi Closer and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 01:44 PM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Hi there, pixels!
              KitchWitch
              Hi Nomorext and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 01:41 PM
            • Appmacguy
              Reply to Hi there, pixels!
              Appmacguy
              Hey there! From Leicester here and happy to give you any tips or advice you might find useful about the area, UK and places where jobs might be found.

Have to let me know what Iím particular...
              Today, 01:36 PM
            • nomorext
              Hi there, pixels!
              nomorext
              Just saying hi from North Carolina, USA. Moving shortly to Leicestershire UK. Anyone local for tips about finding a job in our field over there?
              Today, 12:54 PM
            • Glitchin
              Reply to 3D view of a logo
              Glitchin
              Google: free logo mockup psd and you will find what you're looking for. If you look around that exact mock up is available for free. I have it myself but I can't think where I got it....
              Today, 12:45 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X