Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my first business card?

Hi Guys!
    I apologize if the layout looks a little screwy. I'm still getting used to the site!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CardFront.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	21091 - Business Card Front

Name:	CardOption-1.png
Views:	2
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	21089 - Business Card Back (Option1)

Name:	CardOption-2.png
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	21090 - Business Card Back (Option 2)

To give you a little background,
    I have recently received my degree and been working as a "Graphic Designer" (Visual Marketing) for 8 months. My interest lies in Illustration, but I have experience with branding, logo, flyer and web design. (As well as other things). Ultimately I would like to focus my work towards children's marketing, and books but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to include that element as much as I have. (The fellow in the background of "Back Option 1" is meant to resemble myself in person).

I am open to critique about ANYTHING! Give it to me straight!
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi Ghiblinx and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Did you draw the illustration in the first background? If so, that's a good piece of work! I think the back of the first business card is good but could do with some typography tweaks. Personally, I don't really like serif fonts so maybe I'm biased. Maybe look for something a little more up to date?

I think the logo pitches itself well towards children and children's marketing. What does the butterfly symbolise? To me, it looks a little bit out of place and since its in place of the mouth kind of reminds me of a gag. I think it might look a bit slicker without the butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by 8spring View Post
        Did you draw the illustration in the first background? If so, that's a good piece of work! I think the back of the first business card is good but could do with some typography tweaks. Personally, I don't really like serif fonts so maybe I'm biased. Maybe look for something a little more up to date?

I think the logo pitches itself well towards children and children's marketing. What does the butterfly symbolise? To me, it looks a little bit out of place and since its in place of the mouth kind of reminds me of a gag. I think it might look a bit slicker without the butterfly.
        I did draw the first illustration in the first background, so I appreciate the compliment!!
        However, I wasn't sure if it's placement was distracting from the information on the card. The second option is a little more subtle.
        I agree with your typography comment, I've always struggled with typeface identities and uses. It's interesting to hear that serif fonts are considered less modern.

I felt like the glasses alone were too boring - or maybe unoriginal. In the illustration portion of my portfolio, I show off a character concept of mine who is in love with a butterfly quite a bit. I also feel it symbolizes change or new growth, which is something I'd like most of my work to push towards. Definitely something worth reconsidering though!

I really really really appreciate your feedback!! Thank you! ^_^

Comment

You have both illustration and graphic design on your card, but to me it looks like an illustrator's card as a graphic designer would have a super clean card. I would address what typeface or fonts you use for the actual content of the card... make it an extremely easy to read/clean font.

Comment

Hi TrendUp and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I would take out the eyes in the front from the font. But I agree with trendup, a nice sans - serif font would be super clean. I would use comic sans neue, but i'm a rebel and I don't give a *front door* . You are a very good illustrator.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X