Cranking them out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranking them out

I've been having a lot of fun the past week, reading, and absorbing information about Graphic Design. I feel like I have come a long way since the past year. ANY...HOW. I would gladly take any words of improvement with reasoning behind your thinking. Thank you.

Originally posted by CobraStrike View Post
    I would gladly take any words of improvement with reasoning behind your thinking. Thank you.

You need to provide the reasoning behind your thinking for each logo before you'll receive it.

These logos might be really great or really bad, but it's difficult to say if we don't know the background information; otherwise we are just judging it based on the picture itself, which a logo is much more then.

Comment

I mean these are all just for fun. So judge them as you wish

Comment

Design is an exercise in problem solving. Without knowing what the problem was, there's not a good way to judge the solution.

Comment

Yes, without context it's a bit hard to tell. But here are some comments anyway:

1) Tight
          Not a fan of this. Too hard to read.

2) Ploy
          The 'O' shape is hard to make out. Also, it's a bit too far removed from the letter O, so it's a bit hard to read.

3) Native America
          I like this. The font is nice and formal and business like. I am not sure about the graphic. It doesn't seem to match the font at all.

The other 3 are much stronger. But it's a bit hard to say without context.

Comment

• CobraStrike
            CobraStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            This is what I was looking for, I don't know how to phrase what I meant better. Perhaps, these were for fun. Could you tell me if they are successful in using design elements like negative space, font, wit (not a design element). Thanks!

Logos don't exist in a vacuum.
          If these were fun for you, then they are good.

Comment

This is what I was looking for, I don't know how to phrase what I meant better. Perhaps, these were for fun. Could you tell me if they are successful in using design elements like negative space, font, wit (not a design element). Thanks!
            The main thing I would work on is making your logos look cohesive. At the moment, they look very 'divorced'.

For example, on the native American one, there is so much space between the text and the symbol, that they look like 2 seperate logos. The font style doesn't match up with the Axe graphic (the font is thin, the graphic is thick).
            Same with "Hugs" - there's too much space and the font doesn't complement the graphic.

SupNinja has less space, but there is too much contrast. It again looks like two logos.

I'd also think what you are drawing attention too. For example, in SupNinja my eye goes to the letter U. But then I am confused, because I don't understand why you are pulling my eye to the U. It's off-putting.

If I were you, I would start by making a proper fictional brief.

E.g.

SupNinja is a sports brand
            Required image: Modern, trendy, energetic, fun, quality, stylish, quality
            Customer motivation: Wear this to look stylish and unique. And to be confident that you have the best quality.
            Purpose: Logo to be used on social media and t-shirts.

Something like that will be beneficial.

Next, have a look at some existing logos in the same field and annotate them. Mark out how they use space, and how the fonts match the graphics. Where does your eye go to on these logos. (e.g. For SupNinja, you could look at Nike and Reebock).

Once you've done that then start your design. Doing all this research may mean you only have time for 1 logo, but you'll get more out of it compared to 'cranking them out'.

I certainly commend the effort you are making, but I think at the moment, it's only giving your practise in using Illustrator.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MikeTyler
              Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
              MikeTyler
              The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
              Today, 06:31 PM
            • John G
              Reply to visually pleasing web design
              John G
              Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
            • Thug-D
              Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
              Thug-D
              I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
              Today, 05:58 PM
            • mirab
              visually pleasing web design
              mirab
              Hello Every buddy
              What is the best way to learn visually pleasing web design?

Thanks!
              Today, 05:36 PM
            • Glitchin
              Reply to Logo Feedback
              Glitchin
              These all seem quite generic looking to me, but a lot of people do want these generic looking logos. For me the top one is the best of the lot.

I would adjust the tracking to increase space...
              Today, 03:37 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X