Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for an infographic layout

Hello gdf..

Well, I have been making a tool that creates infographics and I have been going for an "interesting" look. I don't have a background in design however and I am worried that what I have managed to create is too far on the messy side of things. What do you think? What would you do to improve it?

Thanks!

Here are the screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mushrooms.png
Views:	3
Size:	537.3 KB
ID:	21122 Click image for larger version

Name:	natural_wonders_2.png
Size:	523.5 KB
ID:	21120 Click image for larger version

Name:	Guide_to_succulent_Varieties.png
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	21121
    Attached Files

Two of those appear to be plant key guides. If so, you are going about identification the wrong way.
    Most keys are dichotomous keys and present the information in a linear way.
    Your mushrooms for instance, use layman's terms in some places and scientific words in others.
    There is no linear flow and a novice using either of these would not be able to do anything other than find a picture of what they have and work backwards if they cared to.

There is ''interesting'', then there is ''informative''
    The ''informative'' comes first in an inforgraphic, with the information presented in a way that is coherent AND interesting.
    What you have is scattered and not easy to follow.

Comment

• bezzier
      bezzier commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you - I am making some changes to the layout based on this response as well as some others..

Dichotomous Key. This is the first I have heard of the term... Hmm that changes a couple of things..

first screens are really uncomfortable to read, as for me. Mb try to give less info about pics and more graphs instead?

Comment

Hi Genord92 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

If you are making keys, especially on something requiring a positive ID like mushrooms, if you have never heard the term Dichotomous, you likely don't have the expertise needed to be doing at least that one. With mushrooms, get it wrong and someone can die.

Keys can be frustrating. The book I have for just the northeastern states' native trees and plants (in the US) is well over 300 pages (no pictures) and that doesn't include any of the crazy horticultural escapees. Even with a native plant key, approach it as if someone far less skilled than Euell Gibbons is going to use it to decide if they can eat something. (Euell Gibbons, how's that for showing my age? LOL.)

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X