Business Card design.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Card design.

Now that I'm out of school I can finally work on designs for myself!
    Here's what I have so far...

Front:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LukkyArts_BusinessCard-01.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	21250

Back:

Name:	LukkyArts_BusinessCard-02.png
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	21249

The card is designed to match my portfolio, I used the same paint stroke motif throughout it.
    I would possibly like to add my logo to the design somewhere... the font on the back is big enough I can adjust it to make room. The only reason I didn't include it in this first draft is because the digital version is on a hard drive I've misplaced.

But I have a photo of the logo as it appears on the cover of my portfolio:

Name:	Logo.jpg
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	21251

I may make a new one with an "LA" instead of my initials but it would follow this same general pattern.

Do you really need to use a font to simulate handwriting? If you want a handwritten look, why not just write out the words yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
      Do you really need to use a font to simulate handwriting? If you want a handwritten look, why not just write out the words yourself?

Oddly enough, that typeface actually is my handwriting. Haha.

I'm not married to using it but I thought, why not give it a go? Lol

I will definitely neaten up/straighten the letterforms though. They're admittedly sloppy... but then again my handwriting is terrible.

Do you have any other font suggestions?
      I'm a fan of Bodoni myself, but its not very good at small sizes. Lately I've been using Fontsquirrel.com for commercially-usable typefaces.
      Last edited by Lukky; 07-07-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

The rainbow brushstroke is very well done and looks great. I like the handwriting font, but my suggestion would be to use it only for the logo/business name and use a more easily legible font for the email address and backside. This is just my perspective as a student.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukky View Post
          Oddly enough, that typeface actually is my handwriting. Haha.
          Right, but B's point is that if it was actually hand-written, there would be more natural variation in like characters. The 6 identical k's (per side!), among other too-frequent matches, really expose it as not hand-written.

marzbarz makes a good suggestion for preventing the overuse.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Try to use simple fonts that looksmore attractive and easy to read.
            even the design should be simple !

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
              Reply to ​What is your favorite forum software?
              mixlikes
              Favorite forum software:
              1. phpBB
              2. MyBB
              3. Vanilla Forum
              4. XenForo
              5. Simple Machines Forum
              Today, 03:43 AM
            • Caleson
              Reply to Questions about Business Cards, Self Promotion
              Caleson
              Actually, I was referring to applying for employment. I'm kind of mixed on whether or not it would be a good idea, but I think overall, if the card is pretty creative, it could serve as a memorable token....
              Yesterday, 09:59 PM
            • fredz0003
              Logo critique for my personal blog
              fredz0003
              Hi, I am new to this forum. A bit about myself I am a programmer, and trying to build a professional looking blog. I've done web dev before, but I've never considered myself the artistic type. I followed...
              Yesterday, 04:57 PM
            • B
              Reply to Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
              B
              Of the options you mentioned, upgrading the RAM will make the most difference for the cost. Eight megabytes of RAM is almost a bare minimum when working with Adobe's graphics applications -- 16 is even...
              Yesterday, 04:56 PM
            • mrturner
              Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
              mrturner
              I am currently doing my graphics design work on my laptop which specs are listed below, It really does struggle to handle software like photoshop and illustrator. Do I, upgrade RAM? An 8GB ram stick for...
              Yesterday, 04:16 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X