Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Feedback and Changing the Job Challenges

Hi All,

My name is Behnam. I am a graphic designer experienced both in developing visual brand identity and designing tangible graphics. I also design and make some wooden products.
    It's less than two years that I have moved to Los Angeles. Back in my country, I was known by a few good clients. So, I was a successful freelancer. But here in LA, I had to start as an employee, since I knew no one in the industry. I currently work for a company as a graphic designer, but the job is not so creative, though it is well paid. I have decided to move forward and apply for better opportunities and hopefully sometime I become a freelancer again.

I'd like to ask you guys a few questions;
    First, how do you evaluate my portfolio? Does it reflect my abilities and experience? I'd love to hear your feedback.

Second, does anyone know where it is more likely to do tangible design? In what agencies or what kind of companies do people need such expertise (like stop motion set design, model making)?

Third and the most important, does anyone likes to share their experience about the process of changing jobs. I am nervous about issues like what if the new company won't be as flexible as the one I'm working now. or what if the position be good, but the income or benefits won't. I'd love to hear how other designers handle this challenges.

You could view my Portfolio here: http://www.behnam-osroosh.com

I'll appreciate you help.

Thank you,
    Behnam

Hi Behnam and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I have to have to say, I haven't a clue where there might a good market for what you do. But that aside, I love this portfolio.
      It's creative, imaginative - and sparks some nostalgia from my childhood. I see the same portfolios day in, and day out. But this was a joy to look at.
      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs097 View Post
        I have to have to say, I haven't a clue where there might a good market for what you do. But that aside, I love this portfolio.
        It's creative, imaginative - and sparks some nostalgia from my childhood. I see the same portfolios day in, and day out. But this was a joy to look at.
        Thanks for sharing.
        Thank you Biggs097 for the feedback

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
          Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
          Glitchin
          Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
          Today, 03:55 PM
        • Glitchin
          Comment on Logo Feedback
          Glitchin
          I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
          Today, 03:24 PM
        • Glitchin
          Reply to Critique Please?
          Glitchin
          This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
          Today, 02:58 PM
        • Glitchin
          Comment on Critique Please?
          Glitchin
          Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
          Today, 02:54 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Portfolio usage of work
          PrintDriver
          Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
          Today, 12:42 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X