Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Feedback

Hi everyone.

Ive been asked to come up with this logo for a client, feedback would be very well received, the companies focus is to just produce 1 printed photo from customers pictures, if that makes sense?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1pic-logo.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	21398
    ​ ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1pic-logo.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	21398
    Attached Files

Show it to us without all the crap effects and in black and white (no grayscale)

Comment

looks cool but I'm not sure if it will work in black & white. Try to not have the colours touch

Comment

Sort of off subject, but why would the company only reproduce one photo and not two or two dozen if that's what the customer wanted?

Anyway, I like the logo, but instead of having the type at an angle, I'd set the type horizontally with the photograph at an angle. In other words rotate the whole thing counter-clockwise about five and a half degrees. This would stabilize the logo just a bit (yeah, gestalt psychology stuff) while allowing the snapshot to look more casual and spontaneous, as snapshots are inclined to be.

The photo icon suggests a photo, but I date back to the Mesozoic era when Polaroid instant photos were all the rage. I'm sort of wondering if people under, um, 25 years old, or so, would readily recognize it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9rIGrbo1MRA

The amount of space between the pi should be the same as the space between the ic. When you reduce the logo down to small size, I'm afraid they might appear to touch each other, which might not be good. Dot gain when printing on absorbent stock might even cause them to physically touch. If it were me, I'd take that into consideration and pull those letters apart just a tiny bit more.

And as already been pointed out, this needs to work in one color, when only one color is available (think printing on the side of a promotional pen, for example). Luckily, I think you can create a white border between the photo and the one to make it work, but it might not be ideal. Even so, since B&W will always be the stand-by use-when-needed version, it would likely be OK.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, here are the other versions.

Comment

Hi Meta646 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

design are good but it can be better

Comment

Hi Vidaan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hi Guys thank you for coming back to me, Attached si the grey version, for some reason I dont get a ​notification when I get repies to questions? is that normal? Im still not 100% on the logo, I like the PIC text but not sure about the 1 and the ​polaroid style icon?

Comment

My Chap has not supplied me with just a black and white version, it would be produce just as a solid grey I'm guessing?

Thanks Kitch, checked out those links

Comment

• HotButton
                      HotButton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your chap? You're not the designer?

• KitchWitch
                      KitchWitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Need you to confirm that you are the designer of this, please. We do not allow crit of art posted by anyone who did not design it.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clipping shop
                    Reply to 3D view of a logo
                    Clipping shop
                    sorry to say, I don't think that you know Photoshop pretty well. Because this type of design can be made through Photoshop. Beside this you can google it and can find any other software you like.
                    Today, 11:11 AM
                  • B
                    Reply to Briefs
                    B
                    I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer to your question. It depends on the company, its culture, the marketing person, the designer and the project at hand.

I oversee both the...
                    Today, 09:50 AM
                  • pers0n
                    Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                    pers0n
                    Well the work would be work I did. For example lets say I designed someone's logo, poster or website and they want me to take it down.
                    Today, 09:25 AM
                  • MinaZee
                    Comment on Logo Feedback
                    MinaZee
                    Thanks Glitchin , and i will.
                    Today, 06:32 AM
                  • Woodenpablo
                    Briefs
                    Woodenpablo
                    What's the general consensus on how to interpret briefs written by a marketing manager or director etc? I was in a meeting at work where I interpreted the brief incorrectly and got a critised for it....
                    Today, 04:43 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X