Logo Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Feedback

This company is a promotional company that sells promotional products anything under the sun from apparel to hard goods likes pen, mugs and cool items. Their old logo is quite blah and does not work very well when designing as it is so horizontal.

For the design I have tried to make the logo more square and kept the theme of the green triangle since they liked that in the old logo. I made the triangle more of an icon and larger to try and balance out the type. I updated the text by using a more modern typeface and used a change of weight and colour to focus on the "promotional" part of the company name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo Design.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	21404

I would like some advice or direction on the new logo that I have created as I am a little torn between option 1 and 2.

I like #1 how it emphasizes the "Promotional" in the name since that is what the company is however I am not quite sure if the green is getting lost when it is on a white background

I like #2 when it is on a white background but doesn't look quite as sharp on a dark background - feels like too much white

Let me know what you like about it / don't like about it or any suggestions and ideas that could push it to the next level

Thanks so much for your help!

#2 works better, IMO. Only saying that because the green word in #1 becomes either too loud or too soft depending on background color.

When I see the word ''promotional'' by itself, it conjures up images of talent agents and event planners, rather than promotional items.
    But that could just be a function of the weird niche industry I'm in.
    The name is the name, I guess.

Comment

• SushiCat12
      SushiCat12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the feedback I see what you are saying and I am not a fan of the name haha
      Maybe if I change the weight so there is not too much contrast between promotional and the rest of the words.
      for the icon is the placement / size of it work for the type?

• SushiCat12
      SushiCat12 commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense and yea I am not crazy about the company name haha

Hi Sushicat12 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Even though the word promotional might be descriptive of the company, it seems a bit bassackwards to make it the visually dominant word in the company's name. Similarly, the following don't work for the same reason:

FORD
      MOTOR
      COMPANY

or

EMPIRE
      STATE

BUILDING

Comment

• SushiCat12
        SushiCat12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense, so you are suggesting to have all of the type bolded or none of it bolded?
        Thanks for the feedback

• B
        B commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be inclined to leave them all black and the same weight. Whether that's all bold or regular, I'm not sure. I'd need to see them that way, but it might be a toss-up.

One of these options might be better?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo Design-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	21406

Comment

• B
        B commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd probably go with the top one.

• Glitchin
        Glitchin commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely the top one for me!

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X