What does this look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this look like?

Plan view of half a pink hippo wearing a green tutu?

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      Plan view of half a pink hippo wearing a green tutu?
      Does it like a watermelon with slime dripping effect?
      Last edited by Troep; 09-23-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

maybe a seedless one?

Comment

Should I add some seeds??

Comment

That depends. Do you want your watermelon to have seeds or not? Or better, Does the purpose for which you are creating a slime dripping slice of watermelon require that it has seeds?

You aren't giving anyone here too much to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              That depends. Do you want your watermelon to have seeds or not? Or better, Does the purpose for which you are creating a slime dripping slice of watermelon require that it has seeds?

You aren't giving anyone here too much to work on.
              Its for a instagram account called slimeyywatermelon only What I need to add is test but What do you think about the watermelon?

Comment

Could you perhaps add some more lines or texture to the rind part of the watermelon? Maybe some lighter shading on the pink part closest to the rind? Hard to explain in words, but when you see an actual watermelon slice there is that thin layer of the inside part of the rind that is a close to white in color. Or seeds? Whatever your creative instinct tells you to do. Once you explained it I understood that it was a watermelon, but not so much from a first glance with no explanation.

Comment

Sorry, but you could do so much better. Look at a picture of watermelon; the pink/red fruit (seeds or not) fades into the white part of the rind, followed by the green skin, with a uniform cross-section.

Neither your colors nor your shapes are right, and that's just the melon, (or would be). Presumably, the "slime" would not be seamlessly liquefied rind and skin, which you seem to depict here.
                  I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I don't see a watermelon because the shape is wrong. It should be symmetrical, like the photo HB posted. The green should be equal all the way around the pink section. Adding seeds to the current image would only help me see you were going for something watermelon-like, but didn't quite get there.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

It doesn't look like a watermelon to me, the "slime" also doesn't look much like slime either.
                      It looks thrown together without much thought.
                      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I'll take your word that you need green goo dripping from the rind. However, the green goo looks as though the rind is dissolving, which never happens, and this shifts one's perception away from it being a watermelon. If you're going to have goo, it probably needs to look as though it's not actually part of the rind itself.

And what's with the horizontal bands of darker and lighter greens? That doesn't happen in a watermelon either. If anything, like the photo HotButton posted, the dark and light green bands of the rind are concentric around the entire melon.

Watermelons are sort of elongated spheres where the structures inside the melon radiate out from the center -- there's no side-to-side shading. Instead any shading that's there radiates outward from the middle.

So for the seeds, yes, to remove any ambiguity about what this is, the seeds need to be there. And once again, those seeds probably ought to be arranged in a concentric sort of way that seems radiate out from the center.

In other words, there's aren't enough visual clues in your illustration that say watermelon, but there are plenty of visual cues suggesting it's otherwise.
                        Last edited by B; 09-27-2017, 12:14 PM. Reason: Autospell fix

Comment

Originally posted by HotButton View Post
                          Sorry, but you could do so much better. Look at a picture of watermelon; the pink/red fruit (seeds or not) fades into the white part of the rind, followed by the green skin, with a uniform cross-section.

Neither your colors nor your shapes are right, and that's just the melon, (or would be). Presumably, the "slime" would not be seamlessly liquefied rind and skin, which you seem to depict here.
                          There is little bit of that effect already in my watermelon that red tho white part. And what do you mean with the "slime" would not be seamlessly liquefied rind and skin, which you seem to depict here?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PanToshi View Post
                            It doesn't look like a watermelon to me, the "slime" also doesn't look much like slime either.
                            It looks thrown together without much thought.
                            How i can make some realistic and good looking slime?

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
                              I'll take your word that you need green goo dripping from the rind. However, the green good looks as though the rind is dissolving, which never happens, and this shifts one's perception away from it being a watermelon. If you're going to have goo, it probably needs to look as though it's not actually part of the rind itself.

And what's with the horizontal bands of darker and lighter greens? That doesn't happen in a watermelon either. If anything, like the photo HotButton posted, the dark and light green bands of the rind are concentric around the entire melon.

Watermelons are sort of elongated spheres where the structures inside the melon radiate out from the center -- there's no side-to-side shading. Instead any shading that's there radiates outward from the middle.

So for the seeds, yes, to remove any ambiguity about what this is, the seeds need to be there. And once again, those seeds probably ought to be arranged in a concentric sort of way that seems radiate out from the center.

In other words, there's aren't enough visual clues in your illustration that say watermelon, but there are plenty of visual cues suggesting it's otherwise.
                              Should i replace all the white green with the dark green??

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
                                One off off-set lithographic Print?
                                Clinton78
                                Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
                                Today, 11:11 AM
                              • Craig B
                                Reply to Style of Font
                                Craig B
                                To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Craig B
                                Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
                                Craig B
                                Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
                                Today, 10:58 AM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
                                PrintDriver
                                As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
                                Today, 10:30 AM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                                PrintDriver
                                The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
                                Today, 10:22 AM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X