Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Critique my 2 projects for an agency!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Critique my 2 projects for an agency!!!

Hi Guys,

I'm interviewing at an agency and they gave me a couple projects to work on to see if they like my work. The first project is an image for a blog article called "What Would a VR Content Marketing Strategy Look Like" and the second if for a blog article called "Real Estate Horror Stories". If you could review my 2 images and see if they look appropriate for the blog article titles and check if you see any mistakes, it would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hi La Mer and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

It's really hard to critique these without knowing the full brief.
      For instance, your VR content layout may or may not work with the target demographic, but since we don't know who that is, hard to tell. (this kind of art bores me to tears, but I'm probably not the target audience)

The second one is just a photoshop image. While it looks cool and all, again, who is the intended audience? It might be that the house shouldn't be as pristine. Or maybe it should look exactly as it does for a certain touch of irony.

Anybody's guess.

Comment

The VR one is the stronger piece. Assuming you did the illustration and icon designs, it looks really good. Although, the way that girls tongue sits in her mouth seems a bit odd/distracting. Maybe try removing the tongue or changing the smile.

<rant>Gosh I despise the long shadow trend and wish it would just go away forever</rant>

The second image is not good. Clearly just a photoshop composite where the quality of the background doesn't match the foreground. I would scrap this image altogether and try again. What would get people to click? That is the purpose of a blog after all isn't it? Perhaps someone with a terrified look on their face, standing inside or outside of a home.

Anyway, hope it helps. Good luck and hope you get the job!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the VR girl to have a more simple smile. What do you think?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	VR Content Marketing.png
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	21524

Comment

I would like to see what the circle would look like in the green. Also I would take out the drop shadow on VR Content Marketing. I like the flat look.

Comment

At this point a better question might be, ''Did you get the job?''

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X