Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Design Critique

Hiya,

Sorry if this is the wrong category-I wasn't sure whether to put it in "Students" or in The Crit Pit.

I'm a 16 year old interested in graphic design, and although I was silly and didn't pick graphics or any similar subjects for my GCSEs or A-Levels, I still wanted to apply to do some work experience at some local design agencies during my holidays because I want to learn more about design, and so I need a portfolio to show them.

This is what I've got so far:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxyvhaa90f...0Khan.pdf?dl=0

(The first & last pages are the covers, and the second and second-last (the one with those weird shapes) are the inside covers. The horizontal sheets are double-spreads, so they're 2 pages.)

I don't think they'd expect anything amazing, because I'm 16, but I'd still like to know if anyone has any suggestions for improvements to it.

I know that the work inside is pretty rubbish, but it's the best I've got, so feel free to tear into everything; I want to improve

Thanks,
    Salman

Hi o0MSK0o and welcome to GDF.

You can post your work in either the crit pit or the student forum. If you are learning, the student forum might be a better spot, as people are going to take your level of education into consideration. If you post in the crit pit, we assume you're confident in your abilities and are ready for an honest critique, which can be harsh. Totally up to you.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hi, KitchWitch.

Thanks for the information.

If I were confident in my abilities, I wouldn't be asking for a critique here :P I know I'm crap, but I want to improve, so I want harsh and honest critique :P I think the Crit Pit is a better place for me :P

Comment

I love your ZD branding! Great colors and hierarchy. I would like to see more pieces similar to that. You might want to try a different color then gold for your IMMARISA piece. It looks a little washed out.

Comment

I think it looks awesome. Do you have a website version?

- Jessa Black

Comment

Hi Jessablack and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by La Mer Siren View Post
              I love your ZD branding! Great colors and hierarchy. I would like to see more pieces similar to that. You might want to try a different color then gold for your IMMARISA piece. It looks a little washed out.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take what you said about the gold into account

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
                Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                Craig B
                I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
                Today, 10:46 AM
              • Colton819
                Reply to Getting a image ready for print
                Colton819
                So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
                Today, 08:47 AM
              • leaagg
                Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                leaagg
                Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
                I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
                Today, 07:57 AM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
                PrintDriver
                Do people still use QR codes?
                Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
                Today, 07:06 AM
              • PrintDriver
                Comment on Getting a image ready for print
                PrintDriver
                Way too much sharing there, hank..........
                Today, 06:51 AM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X