Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique Please?

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of designing a logo for a political lobbying group. The initials of the group are CF.

I will be submitting several design options, one of which includes the initials of the organisation with the letters fashioned to look like a megaphone (please see attached image).

The logo will appear online, on the groups website, Facebook, twitter etc as well as on stationary, leaflets, letterheads etc.

I would really appreciate any constructive criticism and advice on how I might improve the design.

Cheers, Glitch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	horn1.png
Views:	3
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	21539
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Glitchin; 10-19-2017, 12:29 PM.

wow, great concept.

- Jessa Black

Comment

• Glitchin
      Glitchin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jessa!

All of the line weights are the same. I'd do some more thinking about the sound being the same weight as the CF.
    Is it a political lobbying group? or a political action group. I don't normally associate megaphones with lobbyists.

Comment

Hey PD,

A political lobbying group. I don't expect them to actually use megaphones and be out on the street chanting. The megaphone is just meant to be symbolic of making noise, and raising awareness.

After speaking with them, I feel the megaphone is appropriate, and I'm happy with the concept, I'm just not as confident about my execution.

I think you're right about the weight of the sound, I had concerns about that myself.

I really appreciate your input, thanks.

Comment

I think it's not obvious enough there's a c and f there. I like the idea of it though. I would try more shapes conveying the letters rather than lines perhaps. Using negative space too as another option. I don't know if you need the sound waves coming out. I just love the minimalist look more personally. What I'm saying is I'd rather see the c and f and then go after....oh yeah that's a megaphone than the other way around.

Comment

• Glitchin
          Glitchin commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst still looking like a megaphone. I'm happy enough with that aspect of it, now I am just looking for any way I can improve the overall look of the mark.

Cheers, Glitch.

This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound.

Attached Files

Comment

I like it, mostly....
          but I'd chop off that handle, it reads too much like a J, and have line break, the same width as the gap between the C and F, to form a mini handle instead.Or would that lose too much?
          The sound waves look too thin now !
          maybe 50% of the rest

Comment

• Glitchin
            Glitchin commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going to ditch this idea and move on. I just think I could mess around with it forever and never really be happy with it. I appreciate all the comments and feedback I have recieved, thanks.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
          Comment on Flyer Crtitique
          HotButton
          It's just what I call it when people use an expression that actually says or means the opposite of what is intended; ''could care less'' would be another prime example.
          Yesterday, 11:44 PM
        • B
          Reply to Flyer Crtitique
          B
          That makes sense, I guess. Off is the inverse of on, which makes based off the inverse of based on. Got it. ...
          Yesterday, 08:50 PM
        • B
          Reply to Flyer Crtitique
          B
          Okay, I know what a colloquialism is, but what is an inverse colloquialism?

Probrien, in addition to HotButton's comments, which I agree with, the ad is a bit confusing. Maybe it's lacking...
          Yesterday, 08:48 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Flyer Crtitique
          PrintDriver
          ''Based off'' is inverse of ''based on.'' ''Based on'' is a colloquialism.
          I think.
          I have not had enough to drink to play this game.

o O
          Yesterday, 08:27 PM
        • pobrien
          Reply to Flyer Crtitique
          pobrien
          Thanks for the feedback. That all makes a lot of sense. I'll take these points and re-work things....
          Yesterday, 04:06 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X