Bar Logo Critique

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Logo Critique

This is a mockup for a bar in Ohio named "House Beer." Do you think this works? Why or why not?

I don't see an image. Also, is this something you designed?
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
      I don't see an image. Also, is this something you designed?
      Yes, I designed it myself. Here is a link.

http://tinypic.com/r/2a83syd/9

Comment

Hard to judge in this mockup. If possible, I would like to see it in just plain old black and white.

Comment

I keep seeing Uncle Sam with a really tall hat.

There's an awful lot of small detail in the tap that isn't coming across well. did you enlarge the O in HOUSE? It looks weird with a baseline significantly lower than the U and S. Or at least that's the way it appears. Looks like a mistake.

Show it flat and in white on black. Or black on white.

Comment

The concept isn't bad, but the execution is impossible to judge in a mocked up contrivance. Post a single color example of just the as-designed graphic.
            I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I would prefer to see the logo itself rather than the mockup.

(I don't really get the mockup thing, I understand using it when presenting to clients, but it is far less important that showing the logo itself in all of its naked glory)

Is this a real establishment?
              Awful name -then again so are the names of most bars.

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

I'm not sure the typeface has quite the right flavor. It strikes me as just a little too institutional and corporate for a bar. I wouldn't go off in the opposite direction either, but maybe something just a little softer or less generic than Akzidenz Grotesk (or whatever it is). Then again, it's an awfully generic name for a bar -- House Beer?

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
                  Then again, it's an awfully generic name for a bar -- House Beer?
                  Beer House would be just as generic, but a bit more inviting.
                  Hmm, is it a house made of beer or a house filled with beer? Hmm, either way, sounds like WIN.

House Beer reminds me of "house wine": the cheap wine the restaurant buys in bulk and gets a huge profit on.

Comment

That's some really thick glass to have the offset reflection that far back...
                    If it's a bar-back mirror, pretty boring.
                    Still can't unsee Uncle Sam.

Comment

Now I see Uncle Sam.

There used to be an Uncle Sam brewery in Troy.

(Troy being one of several claims of the genesis of the Character)

Comment

Uncle Sam? I need to sup a few pints of the product to see that .
                        No, it looks more like a steam locomotive circa 1860 chugging it's way towards us.
                        Come on Chris lets see it properly.

Comment

Have you tried to include a roof or something that feels very comforting. I would mess with the House idea alot more. I think you could make something very cool using name to create a logo.

Comment

Hi Dunndesigngroup and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I like the logo. It feels in place in a city or urban environment. The tap being in the “O” is a good idea as the emphasis is on that letter when pronouncing “house”.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                                Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
                                PanToshi
                                Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
                              • B
                                Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
                                B
                                Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
                                Today, 12:57 PM
                              • Arka-Software
                                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                                Arka-Software
                                There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
                                Today, 12:46 PM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                                PrintDriver
                                You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
                                Today, 09:10 AM
                              • KitchWitch
                                Reply to New in Here
                                KitchWitch
                                Hi Asif_shawon and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                                Today, 09:09 AM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X