Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Client's New logo

Hello - New guy here.

My client just sent me her updated logo to add to her website. My first impressions is that it's one of the worst designs I've ever seen. But I need to be more pragmatic in my response to her. She is a life coach. I just don't see how chaotic text around a glowing ball in the hand is meaningful. Could I please get some feed back on how to steer her on the right path?

Many Thanks.

Last edited by KitchWitch; 10-27-2017, 08:27 AM. Reason: removed art, was not done by OP

Hi Brandon. The forum rules prohibit critiquing other people's work, so we need to avoid doing that here.

So without specifically focusing on this logo, I will say that legibility is extremely important in almost any kind of communication that's meant to be read. That's an easily understandable concept that isn't difficult to explain to clients in an upbeat and helpful kind of way.

Comment

Hi Brandonx49 and welcome to GDF.

As B mentioned, we do not allow crit on artwork that wasn't created by the person posting it. I'm removing your images, but hopefully you will get some good ideas on how to deal with your client without showing her logo.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I would use this as an opportunity to approach the client about re-branding. If you are that confident in your work, offer to make the logo and she only pays for it if she wants to use it.

Comment

You are lucky Kitch removed your images. If someone here had mentioned your client's business name in a post, and they happened to do a web search to see where they rank, there's a very good chance your post about how horrible it is would have come up way before the business site due to GDF's ranking.
          Then what do you think would happen to your client relationship?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X