Looking for feedback for my start-up's logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for feedback for my start-up's logo

I'm starting up a plumbing business that will specialize in a form of drain cleaning called "hydro-jetting". Hydro-jetting is a method of using pressurized water to clean and clear drains. There's a hose with an attachment in the beginning that concentrates water streams at certain angles. Different attachments serve for different applications. My company's name is "Hydro-Rooters"; "Hydro" obviously meaning water and "Rooters" is a plumbing term used in the field that pertains to a tool used to clear drains. With that being said, I have attached my logo for feedback. It shows my company's name and running underneath it is a hydro-jetting reel. The two dark blue lines are the hose, the lighter blue within is representing water. The end is an attachment shooting water.

Critique away lol I appreciate any and all feedback.
    Attached Files

Hi Jmd1991 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Did you design this logo yourself?

Comment

• Rank Amateur
        Rank Amateur commented
        Editing a comment
        Say what Kitchwitch?
        Even if you have arms like Popeye and a giant 24 inch plunger, there would still be no way to extract that info from the opening post .

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually it was the OP's other post somewhere else in the forum that said they created it. Not so much this one. But they did create it.

• jmd1991
        jmd1991 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I designed it myself. I did my best seeing how I'm a plumber, not a graphic designer lol.

I'm particularly enamored with the water jetting all over the place where it exits the pipe.Frontways, sideways, backwards.... Had a city works guy do that once. Roto-rooted some tree roots out of the sewer main line to the street using the cleanout in the cellar bathroom, he pulled the rooter back out all covered in roots and sludge and still spinning when it came out of the pipe. There wasn't enough bleach in the house to clean up that mess. Ended up tearing down the wallpaper and dry wall we were so grossed out...
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-02-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• jmd1991
        jmd1991 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen worse by some other companies lol I'm glad to say I've never done that, I'm really mindful of my customer's properties. I'm glad you're familiar with hydro-jetting though! An impromptu renovation usually isn't ideal, this past summer my AC was leaking affecting drywall and well, let's just say I didn't catch it until my beige wall started growing black spots. 🤢

1. It needs kerning, especially between the "O" and the "T".

2. The overall shape of the logo is too busy. There's too many eye snags when the eye travels around the logo. It lacks an interesting yet quickly identifiable simple shape for the entire logo. The arrows have potential as a separate symbol if they were more symmetrical and not part of the jagged eye snagging.

3. The "Home of the Better Jetter" doesn't need to be in quotation marks if you are quoting yourself. And it gets lost in the hoseline. It doesn't even need to be part of the logo. The logo is already type heavy. It can be a slogan in an advertisement separate from the logo.

4. That font is difficult to read in ALL CAPS.

5. There's not enough contrast between the dark blue and the aqua. And the red should not be touching the aqua. They clash without some separation in-between.
      Last edited by designzombie; 11-03-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

The impression is that you hydro-root in such a way that the water ends up shooting out any which way. And should I know what a better jetter is?

Comment

This isn't so much a logo as it is a jumble of type and shapes tossed together into a casserole. I'd say more, but I'd just be repeating DesignZombie's comments.

This is your new company's branding we're discussing. It will often be the first exposure people have to your business. Potential customers will form impressions from it that will either help bring in work or cause them to keep looking. Do-it-yourself projects can save money, but on something as important as your company's first impression, an amateurish logo isn't going to do you any favors.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X