Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?

Company name : Mata Bali

This is a tour and travel company in Bali.

Eye doesn't read. Bird doesn't read. I assume only Balisians would know what mata means.

Comment

Eh, what about now?

And to be fair, I don't think it's a good idea to make a logo that's obvious. I mean, look at FedEx logo, for example. It has hidden meaning, the arrow between E and x.
      Last edited by Dan Tyler; 11-09-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

What about the typography?

should I use san serif font instead? Thinking about those thin sans serif which is like on every modern logo with so much spaces between each letters lol
        Last edited by Dan Tyler; 11-09-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I will be using this one for its simplicity. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Tyler View Post
            And to be fair, I don't think it's a good idea to make a logo that's obvious. I mean, look at FedEx logo, for example. It has hidden meaning, the arrow between E and x.
            The arrow in FedEx is plainly visible. And it's a simple concept that can be grasped in an instant. It's understandable that Bali has birds, waves, and eyes, but what does all that mean?

Comment

Using this for now

Comment

I got the whole thing without reading the description.
                Like the bug.
                The only thing that bothers me is the use of a display font in all caps. The kerning between the M and the A really stinks. However, there is no rule that says you can't modify a font to make it work...

Comment

^Right.

The M and A do not work, but if you lengthen the right leg of the M to make its curl lower than the A, then tighten them up, it could be much better.
                  I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I liked the bug in the original post. It doesn't really matter to be if I see the bird and the eye and the wave. The mark looked decent, and IMHO, looks less good as you changed it.

What I didn't care for was the typography. It is likely for the reasons PD mentioned, so either you can alter the type to make it work better, or find some other typeface that works.
                    Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

I like the first logo, the symbolism you've used and the way it turned out. The subsequent versions, in my opinion, are less successful.

I don't think it's necessary for all the references in the logo to be immediately apparent to the viewer. What's important is that it evoke the appropriate response from the target audience, and I think it does just that. The fact that there are multiple hidden meanings within the logo is a nice surprise. The way you've blended them all together seamlessly into an aesthetically pleasing shape is impressive. Most logos that attempt that many levels of multiple hidden meanings and associations fail due to the inharmonious conglomeration of all the parts. Yours pulls it off, and that's impressive.

What I'd be inclined to change is the typography. The typeface you've used is, at best, iffy. I assume you used it because of its informality and stylistic similarity to the logo, but rather than match, it clashes. If I were you, I'd experiment with a face that clearly contrasts with the logo mark itself. I would also pay much greater attention to kerning, which in your example, is really quite bad and especially apparent when juxtaposed with such a nice-looking mark.

Comment

What about this?

I prefer this one, because:

1. Better typography, I guess
                        2. More simple, which is good, I guess
                        3. Light colours, I like light colours

Comment

Off balance.
                          Probably centering the Bali would be better.
                          In fact, I'd check the centering of the whole thing under the bird.

You still have a spacing problem between the M and the A.
                          Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-15-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Tyler View Post
                            I prefer this one, because:

1. Better typography, I guess
                            2. More simple, which is good, I guess
                            3. Light colours, I like light colours
                            1. You shouldn't guess. You should be able to verbalize why you made the decisions you did. Why is the typography better? What makes it better? Why did you chose this font over the last to make it better?

2. Ditto #1, don't guess.

3. Your client doesn't give a crap what you like. Design for your client, not yourself. Why are light colors a better choice? Do they represent a mood or feeling? Do they have any psychological impact that would make people more likely to use this company? Do these colors set this company apart from other, competing companies?
                            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• PrintDriver
                              PrintDriver commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Sometimes you don't even design for what the client likes either.
                              It's all about your clients' customers.
                              What will draw the customers in? Not whether you like it or not. Graphic Design solutions are never about YOU.

• KitchWitch
                              KitchWitch commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Very true, good point.

lol, anyway this one's hand drawn style:
                            Last edited by Dan Tyler; 11-15-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X