Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the typography a whole lot better on this last version. Much, much better, in fact.

I still like the first logo, though. The little sawtooth pattern on the top instantly reminds of of a razorback hog or a porcupine. Even if that weren't the case, it would still be a little bit of visual noise that interferes with the fluidity of the rest of the shape.

Comment

Testing the logo on a mock up of a name card

Made seamless pattern using the logo, looks like wave crests now?
      Last edited by Dan Tyler; 11-15-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I like the progression of the logo - it looks very well

But that kerning is driving me nuts! It needs to adjusted and corrected!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Do people still use QR codes?
          Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again. Neither for clients, nor in real life. To snap a QR in real life requires far too many steps to make it worth my while to snap them, simply because the phone is on my belt and has a passcode screen. That finger print thing doesn't work so well if you actually use your hands to do real work.
          Anyway...that's a whole different rant.

The thing about those mock ups is they hide all the defects of a logo. When displayed at an angle the fact that the kerning stinks is fairly well hidden.
          If a logo works flat and in black and white, it will work on business cards and matchbook covers. Don't put the cart before the horse.
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-17-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

I quite like it to be honest, it's not too stuffed but it's clean, easy to remember! Well done Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              Do people still use QR codes?
              Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again. Neither for clients, nor in real life. To snap a QR in real life requires far too many steps to make it worth my while to snap them, simply because the phone is on my belt and has a passcode screen. That finger print thing doesn't work so well if you actually use your hands to do real work.
              Anyway...that's a whole different rant.

The thing about those mock ups is they hide all the defects of a logo. When displayed at an angle the fact that the kerning stinks is fairly well hidden.
              If a logo works flat and in black and white, it will work on business cards and matchbook covers. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Yeh I get what you mean - we need Apple to automate the scanning of a QR code when holding a phone up to one. Once Apple do it - then QR codes will be amazeballs and everyone will use them.

C'mon APPLE! Get your stuff together!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• PrintDriver
                PrintDriver commented
                Editing a comment
                They just issued us new iphones and now it will read a QR without an app (I just discovered this this morning as I was shutting off all the stupid stuff Apple seems to think I want on a phone.) But it's still on my belt and locked, and the camera isn't active unless I tell it to be.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X