Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precision Pro advertisement flyer by Me

Hello everyone,

I just want to start off by saying that i am nowhere near being a graphic designer. I dabble in a little bit of everything and help people when i can with designs. Please give me any feedback about. Hows the overall design, hows the use of space, should i have used more fonts or a different one altogether and and other tips you can offer. Thanks you.
    Last edited by B; 11-18-2017, 04:57 PM. Reason: Fixed link

No hierarchy.
    No focus.
    No call to action.
    Unnecessary transparency effects detracting from the logo of the client.
    Stepped gradient (unless it was meant to be stepped?) Always looks like a mistake.

Comment

In some ways, the aesthetic elements of good design are similar to those of music. Rhythm, balance, proportion, contrast, harmony, hierarchy, progression, etc., all come into play to create the composition. One can't just hit random keys on a piano and expect it to be heard as music. Likewise, it takes more than shuffling words around on a piece of paper to compose a well-designed flyer.

I'm not quite sure where to start, but you might try reading up on the elements and principles of design. There isn't an official set of them, and there are as many variations to the list as there are designers. Even so, it's the thoughtful combination and use of these elements and principles that make the difference between cohesiveness and chaos.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go watch some more tutorials and do some reading. I may post some logo's that I've done.

Comment

Hi Versatile and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
            Reply to Helloooooo!
            Breanne.C
            Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
            Today, 10:29 PM
          • Breanne.C
            Reply to Font ID Please
            Breanne.C
            Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
            Today, 10:14 PM
          • B
            Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
            B
            You'll need to add an email address for interested designers to contact you and work out details offline.
            Today, 04:34 PM
          • Peter3v
            Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
            Peter3v
            Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the owner of a recruitment company whom has a logo that they are happy with BUT would like the name of the recruitment business to be to the immediate right of the logo...
            Today, 12:40 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Poster for a school project
            PrintDriver
            Still doesn't help the student figure out how to come up with a viable concept. If they had done even the tiniest bit of research, your ''concept'' would have been easily discovered. It's on just about...
            Today, 06:54 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X