Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion about my logo

Hi Designers,
    I am a freelance Industrial Designer and a few weeks ago i started working on designing a brand name for my future design company. I am still not sure if its a good idea to name my business by my surname but i've come up with this idea and i want to share it with you to get an honest opinion and critique about whether i should go with this concept and perfect it more or maybe this is just a shitty idea. To me the name sounds and feels nice but i am aware that the name is more for the customers and how they feel about the name so without further ado i would like to see the feedback. Say whatever you want, smash me with a hammer if you like i will pay special attention to the worst comments.
    Thanks,
    Darko
    Attached Files

I think using your surname is fine, but the graphic you've produced will be very weak and marginally readable at smaller sizes. This is just not the right font for this. You need something much more stout, and less multi-directional.

The computer mouse standing in for a letter was done so many times in the 1980's and 90's that it should never be done again. Plus, even if I thought it was okay, your wire and buttons should be on the same end of the thing.
    I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Hi Darmon and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Love what you have tried with the mouse but the E should have been on the top to depict the buttons of the mouse!

The main problem is the choice of typeface. A proper typeface solves 90% of the logo's problem.

Like hot button mentioned this is not scalable at small size. Ideally one should try to work with a half inch square as a canvas <generally> or atleast start with a half inch square or any square aspected canvas as a matter of fact. So that the logo is scalable and functional.

Have a look at LogoBook you can get a lot of inspiration for the mark.

Have fun exploring many options man, it helps you finesse your idea!

Comment

Thank you for your replies. KitchWitch i have read the links and i'm ok with the rules. I can't believe that i didn't saw the mistake with the mouse wire and buttons, and i also agree with you about the scaling part. I am not a logo designer, this is something that i'm just experimenting i am trying to expand my business and most likely i will leave this job to a professional.
          Thank you for the LogoBook link, i'm sure that i will find some inspiration.

Comment

You really need to use better typefaces. The one's you've chosen are terrible, and that amateurish look will carry over to people's impressions regarding the services you offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerodot13 View Post
              Love what you have tried with the mouse but the E should have been on the top to depict the buttons of the mouse!
              Hi Zerodot13 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X