Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

Poster for a school project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster for a school project

What do you think about my poster that i have made for a school project

got some problems with saving the file

Comment

You need to fix the border so that the corners are the same. There should be a button to click for that in Illustrator. In Indesign it is automatic.

If you were trying for an optical illusion on the pink, you did it.

The layout is all over the place. No sense of hierarchy. Information is not conveyed.
      If you have headliners, you might want to do more than float their pictures in there. And find better pictures. And standardize the picture backgrounds.

Comment

• Troep
        Troep commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Troep View Post
        Changed background
        added more info for the rappers

any more feedback??

A beach party poster really ought to show a beach. Also, there's insufficient contrast between the text and the background. The darkness of the photo makes it look a bit gloomy.

Comment

The lack of contrast between the text color and the background makes it difficult to read.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

And for a beach party, I'm sure you can do better than this photo of a pier.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Yeah, it's looking a bit drab.

Find a nice high-res photo of a beach on a royalty-free site. Lose the transparency, the photo doesn't need to be washed out, just find a vibrant beach scene with a clean sky for your typography.

if "sexy beach party" is the event name, capitalize "Sexy" - heck, make it large - seems like a good selling factor. Get the type to come together a bit - its very loose right now. I can visualize in my head "Sexy" on a slant (upward from left to right), perhaps in a more stylized typeface, and "Beach Party" Horizontal beneath is in a block-like typeface. Sexy can slightly overlap Beach party a bit...

Love the Icon usage at the bottom. that's very "in" right now. I also like the splash graphics, but Maybe use just one to go alone with the header, creating a logo-like effect to the piece..

Just some ideas! i may have overstepped a bit.

Comment

• Troep
              Troep commented
              Editing a comment
              Changed background

any more feedback??

Thanks for al the feedback guys

Comment

Changed background

any more feedback??

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
                A beach party poster really ought to show a beach. Also, there's insufficient contrast between the text and the background. The darkness of the photo makes it look a bit gloomy.
                I agree! I think you still need to fix the background and the text color. It just look the best. Although you have done a good job.

Comment

• Troep
                  Troep commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Changed background

any more feedback??
                  Hhh

i don't see that pink gradient working neither in lines or graphics. That outer line would look better if continuous.

Comment

Two out of three of the performers were brutally murdered (and hated each other).

That's NOT a fun party.
                  Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...

• seamas
                    seamas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I dunno, I think it is worse when the dead headliners DO show up.

Not very sexy imho

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Dead Headliners
                    Great band name!

Bring the type together. Unify the typography. Something like this. Just an idea.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	SBB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	21674

Comment

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Biggs, doing the student's project for them isn't helping them any....

• Biggs097
                    Biggs097 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's just a concept! There's still a whole poster to be done! if he/she decides to recreate the piece that could be a lesson in itself, and a concept learned that can go into the artist's arsenal of skills for projects yet to come.

Still doesn't help the student figure out how to come up with a viable concept. If they had done even the tiniest bit of research, your ''concept'' would have been easily discovered. It's on just about any beach party soundtrack or poster out there.
                  Make them do at least a little bit of work?

Comment

Glad someone else said something about the text, Biggs097 , why don't you make a big hand written design for this to really give it character then scan it in and outline in illustrator. That's how you would truly push your talents. Right now, it's not personal. Not that it's bad.

Comment

• Troep
                      Troep commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the feedback buddy.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
                    Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
                    B
                    I'm guessing that renting a party girl means exactly what one might suspect.

As for the logo, it looks like a peel-off sticker of some kind. The type is mathematically centered, but visually...
                    Today, 09:07 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to migrating or going away?
                    PrintDriver
                    Merit badges? Really?
                    We'll see what happens I guess.
                    Today, 08:19 PM
                  • B
                    Reply to migrating or going away?
                    B
                    The project manager, Iraszi, from the company that owns the forum, says the company decided to shut down the forum. He's taken the initiative to set up a new, independent forum that isn't owned by the...
                    Today, 07:55 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
                    PrintDriver
                    What do you mean by ''gig design''?

As for the thing itself, I might put Perth on its own line under Party Girls. The whole thing kind of gives a mixed message. Is it a modeling agency? Is...
                    Today, 07:34 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    migrating or going away?
                    PrintDriver
                    Is this forum migrating to the new or going away and starting over?
                    Today, 07:30 PM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X