Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

Compilation Poster for a 5yr old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compilation Poster for a 5yr old

My 5yr old recently went to his first ever Primus concert. We failed to get him a concert poster, and instead of buying one online I thought I would make him a compiled poster of ALL of the posters from the whole fall tour. What do you pros think of the layout? Please be honest, I have thick skin...
    Hip Hop just died this morning.

I'm sure its fine for its intended audience. Although from a print production standpoint, most wide-format printers are going have a difficult time rendering those fine details/type on the small surrounding posters.

Maybe pick 4 or 5 posters - the ones you think might be his favorite?

Comment

I like the layout. I think you'e got the stacking order about right down the left side, and although symmetry isn't always something I reach for, I think in this case, the right side would look better stacked the same way (mirrored) as the left.

As for turning your 5 yr-old on to Primus, my hat is off. My daughter, who's now 12, used the term 'progressive metal' during a 3rd-grade presentation on "things I like," and 5 years later still fields the question from peers and teachers; "what did you mean by that?" So proud.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs097 View Post
        I'm sure its fine for its intended audience. Although from a print production standpoint, most wide-format printers are going have a difficult time rendering those fine details/type on the small surrounding posters.

Maybe pick 4 or 5 posters - the ones you think might be his favorite?
        Agreed on the detail/text of the small ones - luckily I'll be running this on an Epson 7900 at 24" x 18" - so it shouldn't be too much of big deal. I really would prefer to have the whole tour (still have to wait to add 12/29 & 12/30 in before printing) but if the rendering is an issue once I do - I may reduce it to a few of the best ones. Thanks for your feedback.

Originally posted by HotButton View Post
        I like the layout. I think you'e got the stacking order about right down the left side, and although symmetry isn't always something I reach for, I think in this case, the right side would look better stacked the same way (mirrored) as the left.

As for turning your 5 yr-old on to Primus, my hat is off. My daughter, who's now 12, used the term 'progressive metal' during a 3rd-grade presentation on "things I like," and 5 years later still fields the question from peers and teachers; "what did you mean by that?" So proud.
        You're absolutely correct about the stacking order. How have I not seen that before now.. (derp) Thank you!

As for the 5yr old liking Primus - it's really awesome. He LOVES their newest one (The Desaturating Seven) which is based on the 70's children's book The Rainbow Goblins. Hence the theme of the above compilation... Unfortunately Primus isn't his favorite like dad, I'll just have to be ok with his favorite being Nirvana (for now)... LOL. Sounds like you have a pretty awesome daughter yourself.
        Last edited by aid4design; 12-21-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Here's an update..

Comment

Here's the final headed to the Epson now... the kid is going to love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Goblin Poster vers 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	21722

Comment

I like how you've added the concert ticket to the poster. That helps personalize it.

Comment

• aid4design
                aid4design commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! The photo of the show (above the bear) is also one of our shots so its from the vantage point that he'll remember.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• sumon_77
              What do you guys think about this designe ?
              sumon_77

What do you guys think about this gig design ?...
              Today, 06:36 AM
            • sumon_77
              Reply to T-shirt designe
              sumon_77
              i like it so much....
              Today, 06:22 AM
            • MattCarson
              Reply to Any similar font?
              MattCarson
              hello Troep, do you search it in google font? If you are not searched search still now, then do it. I don't tell you that you find that font but I hope you should find a similar one.
              Today, 04:09 AM
            • B
              Reply to Freelancing - Going out on your own
              B
              I've always had a side business doing work for various clients, but I've never bitten the bullet and taken the chance of doing it full-time. Honestly, I'm a little envious of you. Good luck!
              Yesterday, 11:52 PM
            • Jess_
              Freelancing - Going out on your own
              Jess_
              After 10 years of working for other people as a graphic designer I've decided to go out on my own! I'm not going to to quit my full-time design job until I have everything lined-up but I've made up my...
              Yesterday, 10:21 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X