Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

Need my logos criticized

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need my logos criticized

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if I can get some critiques on my logos from my online portfolios. Any suggestion/opinion will be appreciated!
    Here are my portfolios:
    www.behance.net/maxa22
    www.dribbble.com/maksumicanis

The concept of making logos as stock items for sale is misguided. Both on the designer's part and on the person who might buy it. A company brand isn't something that should be thought of as a ready-made, and a designer with that mindset, may not be particularly suited to brand management. Sorry, but that is the impression I always get when I see those.

As for the logos themselves,
    The "Born" logo does not carry enough contrast. While it may look good on your screen, it's barely legible on my production machine. Color differences that subtle, when rendered in ink, tend to be very device dependent and will require extra production time (= money) to make sure it reproduces properly. The mark itself, what is it? What is it supposed to represent, seeing as this is not tied to any sort of marketing plan?

The landscape logo,
    Look at your thumbnail. Can you even see the company name?
    When you finally get up close enough to read it, why is the company name duplicated? Why is it in a circle and made very secondary in importance to the bug part of the logo? If you aren't close enough to read the name, the illustration looks like a weight lifter. This could be for a gym, which is the first thing I thought of. Shovel didn't even register until associated with the word ''landscaping.'' Does an arm-and-shovel logo really depict what this company intends to depict? The line art is crude and single width stroked, which doesn't lend itself to depicting any sort of dynamic ''work''. Without knowing where the company is located, what kind of landscaping it does, who the market demographic is, and what their competition is like, it is impossible to determine if this will be effective.

With that in mind, I did not bother with the others on dribble. The first two I clicked were for sale, which means there is no frame of reference for a critique. They are just Illustrator exercises at this point.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 01-13-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

PrintDriver Hmm, I definitely agree with you and your opinion, guess I wasn't thinking that way. I guess that I hang out with a lot of designers that do the same thing, make premade logos for sale but your point is right. And the landscape logo was client's idea so that is why I made it like that but I agree, there's no point in duplicating the company's name and the shovel doesn't really look enough like a shovel. I'm happy that you replied to my post and I'lldefinitely try to fix those mistakes that I've been making, thank you for your opinions and suggestions!

Comment

Hi Maksumic.anis and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
          B
          I'm guessing that renting a party girl means exactly what one might suspect.

As for the logo, it looks like a peel-off sticker of some kind. The type is mathematically centered, but visually...
          Today, 09:07 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to migrating or going away?
          PrintDriver
          Merit badges? Really?
          We'll see what happens I guess.
          Today, 08:19 PM
        • B
          Reply to migrating or going away?
          B
          The project manager, Iraszi, from the company that owns the forum, says the company decided to shut down the forum. He's taken the initiative to set up a new, independent forum that isn't owned by the...
          Today, 07:55 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
          PrintDriver
          What do you mean by ''gig design''?

As for the thing itself, I might put Perth on its own line under Party Girls. The whole thing kind of gives a mixed message. Is it a modeling agency? Is...
          Today, 07:34 PM
        • PrintDriver
          migrating or going away?
          PrintDriver
          Is this forum migrating to the new or going away and starting over?
          Today, 07:30 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X