Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to free upload area?
    PrintDriver
    Hightail is free up to a point under a certain filesize.
    Same goes for Dropbox.
    They are different services though. Hightail, your recipient gets a download link and doesn't require they have...
    Today, 05:35 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to free upload area?
    garricks
    Dropbox & Google Drive, and there's a Microsoft cloud service as well…can't remember the name. Apple also has cloud storage.
    Today, 05:13 PM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Font ID - curly informal font
    StudioMonkey
    Thanks, ISitude - you are my hero. This was a new one on me.
    Today, 05:08 PM
  • Salt
    Hi I'm Salt.
    Salt
    Hello everyone. Henceforth I shall go by name of Salt on these forums, like I do on every other one I use. I am an artist and animator, and I'd like to learn graphic design and this forum looked like...
    Today, 05:03 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    Designia
    I keep looking for flames in the lines of the wings so they're not really working as feathers or flames to me. I really like the color overlay,.
    Today, 04:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Card Finally

Hey yall, remember I posted this companys logo a little while back, well here is the business card I just finished.. let me know watcha think! (im pretty happy with it )

Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

I like it. It's very neatly composed. I'm really liking the logo too. I'm an inhouse designer for a construction company, so I notice most in the industry have pretty blan logos. This is different, so good work! The only suggestion I have (and this is really picky) is to place periods between the telephone numbers, like so (555.555.5555). Maybe it's just me, but I've always liked the look of that. Nice work...

Comment

Thank you very much! my clent is quite happy with it which makes me happy and yes! i was deciding on using periods and think I like them. Im gonna def add them.. thanks again!

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous!

Now this is what I call resourceful design problem solving.
        Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
        - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

ooh, ooh! Can you make the logo on the back look like it was wood burned into the card? That would be sooooo cool!

Nice work, JRiddim!
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Jriddim, some of the layers I used were:

1. copy of logo taken from wood and pasted ontop own layer, bevel/emboss applied to that
            2. color layer of logo in overlay mode with outerglow
            3. another color layer with overlay mode with outerglow in different mode
            4. another color in multiply mode to color the other layers!

Hope that helps

As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly

Comment

morea - thats exactly what came to mind when I first saw this card. Burn the logo into the wood on back...good call!

Nyc-skater - that looks pretty hot... paris.

Jriddim - I say do it... burn the back, your printing 4/4 anyway. Good card alltogether.. really looks nice.
              CNIC - noun [see - nick]
              1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
              2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
              3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
              For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing. (Burning the logo into wood) I'd suggest actually getting (renting, borrowing, buying) a wood burner or something like it and actually doing it in a cheap piece of wood then photograph it. I doubt it'd be that tough or expensive - just like using those wood burning kits when we where kids (I burned that horse to sh*t ) You can get them at hobby shops.

edit: or on ebay for around $15.

As for putting period in your phone number, I wouldn't. The correct notation is actually a center aligning dot (shift+cmd+9).

It's pretty good - I like it. Nice work.
                Last edited by mac.FINN; 06-22-2006, 02:12 PM.
                In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Looks good - smart logo you've got there! I REALLY like the 'burn' effect on the opposite side of the card. I'm sure your client will/must be pleased!
                  The taco. It's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Thanks guys alot!... Very very helpfull you all are. I def think im gonna go for the burnt in look.. I like what nyc skater has done... I am going to try and replicate that, see if I can get it look as real as he did, if not, off to the hobby shop I go lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_skater
                      Jriddim, some of the layers I used were:

1. copy of logo taken from wood and pasted ontop own layer, bevel/emboss applied to that
                      2. color layer of logo in overlay mode with outerglow
                      3. another color layer with overlay mode with outerglow in different mode
                      4. another color in multiply mode to color the other layers!

Hope that helps

Hey NYC where do you find outerglow?? I can't seem to locate that filter? is it cause im using photoshop 7 ? i do have cs too if needed

Comment

It's at the bottom of the layer palet, I changed the color of the glow and turned the mode to color, also played with the opacity some...

I personally think my outerglow is a little weak, I was trying to imagine burning/branding wood how it would add a schorched area around it where it would be to hot.

Comment

you want to add a couple of layers with wind and blur in there too to take up the capilliary action of the burning effect on the wood...
                          The beginning is always today.

Comment

You could try this too... it's quite good.
                            http://www.kiwireviews.co.nz/files/PST-07.pdf
                            In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by mac.FINN
                              You could try this too... it's quite good.
                              http://www.kiwireviews.co.nz/files/PST-07.pdf
                              yeah yeah, that's what it's missing, the burning going horizintaly with the grain..good find apple face man

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X