Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Lucifer
    I like it. I like the way you've done the spacing.
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another nightclub event flyer: Touch

Produced this last week for a client. I'm pretty happy with it (they're ecstatic with it!). Only thing i've decided I don't like is the black panel that the "touch" logo sits on, on the flyer front (left).

(to see full size image, click: http://www.myhouse-yourhouse.net/fly...th_preview.jpg)

aesthetically I like it.

However, its a bit hard to decifer(read/legibility), but I do like it.

Comment

Originally posted by tZ
      aesthetically I like it.

However, its a bit hard to decifer(read/legibility), but I do like it.
      you think so? have you viewed the full size image, and made sure its expanded in your browser? i thought it was quite clear.

(its annoying how this forum has "helpfully" started resizing images!!)

Comment

My eye tends to wander alot becasue there is alot going on.

Which I like but, yes it is hard to read cause my eye doesn't want to stop any where.

I think it may have something to do with that bold font. The ligher ones seem to read allright but, that bold font in combination is creating some conflicting contrast… I think.

Which is leading my eye elsewhere.

I like it regardless but, it is a bit difficult to stay in one place.

Comment

yes i see what you're saying now. good point, noted. thanks

Comment

things i like:

i like the two color approach. the black and orange play off each other nicely. it makes for a good visual presentation.

i like the style. it definitely works well with the club scene. the extreme viewing angles of the buildings is a great idea. it plays up the notion of walking down the street to get to the club.

i agree with TZ that the back is hard to decifer. however, your target market will undoubtedly take the extra time to weed thru the clutter..so im not sure that is a big issue.

things i dont like:

i dont like how the angle of "touch" on the front doesnt match the angle of the rest of the text on the back. for better consistancy, they should be the same.

on the back, nothing seems to line up with anything. i cant find a noticable grid arrangement. that is a huge part of why everything looks cluttered/smashed together. better arrangement of the text would make for easier comprehension and a cleaner layout. right now its a sensory overload.

the white outlines around some of the text is fairly cheesy. i understand why you did it, but i think there are better solutions to solve that particular problem.

overall its not bad. some minor tweaking and it would be great.

Comment

i think it fits the right catergory with the night life scene... which I work with myself... It has alot of going on... but at the end its alright..

Comment

Typographics summed it up very well.

I reckon it works well in spite of the minor weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by typographics
                  things i like:

i like the two color approach. the black and orange play off each other nicely. it makes for a good visual presentation.

i like the style. it definitely works well with the club scene. the extreme viewing angles of the buildings is a great idea. it plays up the notion of walking down the street to get to the club.

i agree with TZ that the back is hard to decifer. however, your target market will undoubtedly take the extra time to weed thru the clutter..so im not sure that is a big issue.

things i dont like:

i dont like how the angle of "touch" on the front doesnt match the angle of the rest of the text on the back. for better consistancy, they should be the same.

on the back, nothing seems to line up with anything. i cant find a noticable grid arrangement. that is a huge part of why everything looks cluttered/smashed together. better arrangement of the text would make for easier comprehension and a cleaner layout. right now its a sensory overload.

overall its not bad. some minor tweaking and it would be great.
                  I agree. See text in red.

Perhaps you could try lowering the transparency of some of the black images- the buildings and even that of the orange background to throw forward the text.

Very nice work.
                  Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                  - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

thanks for all your responses. Some good notes there, cheers.

Comment

Is it me, (probably is) or is the 'touch' text not quiite parallel to the edge of the black panel??

Good job though!
                      call me rob

Please visit my flickr page!

Comment

The water droplets on the background don't do much for the cohesiveness of the piece but I dig the rest. Perhaps touch could be a little larger?
                        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

I just want to say good job bro. Creative and balanced well.

Comment

I really like it. My kind of style (varied perspective is awesome)

WHere do you get your source images from?

Comment

I think this is Awesome for a Club Flyer. It is perfect for the Club/bar scene!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X