Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tanning Lotion Mag Ad....

what do you guys think of this magazine ad?
    the client didn't want any product specs given so that they would call the number to find out what it is...

Taylor
    www.standercreative.com

I think its really nice, can you tell me how you did the illustration?

‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

AMAZING!

I think we need a tutorial. Yes we need a tutorial this is just amazing.

'Adventure, Excitement, A Jedi craves not these things.'
      'Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.'

Comment

thanks guys.
        i actually came up with the idea from playing the video game "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" non-stop for two weeks, lol.
        For the background: i got a photo of the tosh mahul, painted new, richer colors on it... got a photo of desert sand, changed the color to match everything else, cut out piece from the sand and layed out each sand dune as its own layer, shaded them....made mountains... mixed together various clouds and skys and put a gradiant over them for the color... and since everything was in layers i blured each layer more and more as they got further back in the picture.
        for the inside of the cave: made a silloet (or however you spell it) of the inside of a cave with a hole at the top.... then i searched thru different rocky textures picted the ones i like the best, shaded them, changed the colors and fit them into the walls of the cave. for the sand, i couldn't find a good photo so i used the best one i could get and airbrushed over it.... took a picture of the genie bottle and placed it into the sand, and airbrushed new lighting on it. i got the smoke by using Eye Candy's Smoke filter. and i got the Hazey Spot light lighting by using AutoFX's Mystical Lighting Plugin (btw, best photoshop plugin ever made!!!!).

and i think thats about it, other than a butt load of tweaking everything to make it look like its one scene.
        but to sum it all up, it was a lot of color changing, cloning, and airbrushing.

</div>

Taylor

Post Edited (Silence04) : 3/17/2004 7:29:37 PM GMT
        www.standercreative.com

Comment

I wish I could do that stuff...I never get to use PS to that extent. Always more for adjustments....Pre-Press jobs are ok, but man, you miss out on some cool DINGLEBERRIEe. Good work Taylor!

- There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Comment

Silence04 this is one cool ass piece of work man. I congradulate you on piecing everything together. It looks great, really.

Man those smoke and lighting filters, WOW! I have to get those.

This is what happens when you have the time to finish a job!

'Adventure, Excitement, A Jedi craves not these things.'
            'Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.'

Comment

Silence04, great job fella!!! Has the magazine ad gone to press yet? Cos if it has I'll call the number to tell them how hot their advert is!!!

Comment

kick ass stuff

"In the past couple of weeks your kids have touched me, and i'm pretty sure i've touched them too" - Jack Black (School of Rock)

Comment

Ok - today I want to ad this to my sig - 'When I grow up I also want to be like Silence04/Taylor and be able to piece together works of art in photoshop'.

You did a great job!!

If it wasn't for the last minute nothing would ever get done.
                  (When I grow up I want to be just like Keyare! He does excellent work - even when he's trying to not to.)

Comment

Bad ass.

C:\DOS
                    C:\DOS\RUN
                    RUN DOS RUN
                    ProudPenguin
                    P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Amazing job - I would love to see more!

www.katestudio.net

Comment

wow, that is a ton of layer work....im in awe, you have some serious skills man, congrats on a great piece...I could see that winning some awards!!!

‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Thanks everyone, i really apreciate it. i didn't exprect it to go over so well.
                          there was about 120+ layers in this piece.
                          and Kirby, i wouldn't call that number if i were you, cause by the end of the phone conversation the telemarketers will have you completely convinced that you absolutly need $5,000 in tanning lotion....lol

Taylor
                          www.standercreative.com

Comment

Silence04 said...
                            Thanks everyone, i really apreciate it. i didn't exprect it to go over so well.
                            there was about 120+ layers in this piece.
                            and Kirby, i wouldn't call that number if i were you, cause by the end of the phone conversation the telemarketers will have you completely convinced that you absolutly need $5,000 in tanning lotion....lol
                            Ha ha, that could prove to be one expensive phone call, especially as I'll be calling from England!!!! [img]/emoticons/icon_lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Smoke effect is tight!

take the kids to see a replica of what never was...
                              http://www.fusioneffect.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X