Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Chinese New Year~

Hello folks, long time no see Miss u all~ Um, next weekend will be our spring festival, which also called Chinese new year. So I use this drawing to wish all of you good luck in the coming lunar new year2007.

As you can see, in the picture, the girl is holding a spring festival couplet, with "Gong xi fa cai" written on it, which means "Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!". The background dragon represents China, and the year 2007 is the Year of the Pig ( according to the Chinese 12 animals Zodiac), so at the bottom of the picture I put a golden pig with "Zhu"( which means pig) on its body. Enjoy it :P

http://www.momomeng.com
    http://www.momo-workshop.com

nothing on the image indicates pig if you cant read chinese
    it looks more like the year of the dragon to most non-chinese speaker

the image should work by itself
    nice efforts, keep it up!

Comment

Happy Chinese New Year of the pig momo. Fun work as usual. How's life been treating you? What year were you born in? I'm in the year of the rooster.

I disagree with dmonks about nothing in the image relating to a pig, since you have the pig in the lower right hand corner.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

cute! I like the way you made the dragon in the background.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Happy Chinese New Year MOMO!! Nice job darlin ... and I saw the pig right away

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

oh...I didnt catch the pig icon on my first run
            my bad

Originally posted by urstwile
            Happy Chinese New Year of the pig momo. Fun work as usual. How's life been treating you? What year were you born in? I'm in the year of the rooster.

I disagree with dmonks about nothing in the image relating to a pig, since you have the pig in the lower right hand corner.

Comment

Nice work as always, MOMO! Looks great. I was born in the year of the snake and my son in the luckiest year- the rabbit!
              “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

happy chinese new year, my avatar is in honor of it actually. great piece i love it
                Tapp-d
                "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Happy Chinese New Year, Momo!

I'm year of the snake... Speaking little, I'm wise and thoughtful, but self-indulged. Calm on the exterior, but instense and passionate inside.
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

I am a pig I am expecting great and wonderful things this year!

We've got the lantern festival soon commemorating the new year. It's a huge event here with thousands of people packed into our city park. Always beautiful lanterns to be seen.

ps to momo: as dmonks said earlier, the design really doesn't say piggie!
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

cool, I really like dragon, I love wearing them and walk around the house. too bad no more king

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                        I am a pig I am expecting great and wonderful things this year!
                        Mmmmm... pork... <readies knife and fork>
                        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                        mediamainline.com
                        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

long pork?
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

What's long pork?

*snicker* I just had a picture flash through my mind of this one billboard I saw on the interwebs. It had a picture of a happy couple at the BBQ, and the caption read, "Pork. The one you love."
                            Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                            mediamainline.com
                            cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by wiki
                              Long pork is an euphemism for human flesh, reportedly coined because cannibals attest that human tastes like pork.
                              Therefore, you are long pork

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X