X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tattoo and sticker design...

This one was kind of an odd request for a friend. He is into woodworking and wanted an illustration of him turning wood on a lathe. His business is making pens and pencils on the lathe. This was all his 'vision' he just needed me to put it on paper for him.

He wants to use the illustration for a decal for his truck and also for a tattoo that he has been wanting to have done.

He was thrilled with how it turned out and I was too. I know (and so does he) that it won't have near as much detail in the 'tat', but the sticker should turn out pretty cool I think.

It's all done in illy with the exception of the woodgrain in the word 'SAWDUST'.

So, there you have it...whadda ya think?
    tmooregraphics
    Horsepower For Your Business!
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

I think the pen in the middle should have more of a woodgrain on it.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

it's a great illustration. I like the wood shavings around the word 'sawdust'. Nice touch.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

i'd love to see the tattoo after it gets done. please update us at that time.
        nice work as always.
        Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

an odd choice for a tat but hey, whatever floats his boat!

and proof that YNOT excels in skills other than kick ass cars
          The beginning is always today.

Comment

I love the illustration, but the tool being used is called a gouge, and it's normally used for the rough beginning work on a wood turning, while other tools are used to do the finer finishing work. The pen being turned seems to be in the final stages of turning, just prior to sanding. If you were to use a gouge at that point, it would chew the pen to shreads. At least, that's the way I understand it. However, the gouge is a more recognizable wood turning tool, so perhaps it is appropriate in this case.

Comment

Nice illo...would love to see the tat when it's done.

Comment

Looks great YNOT .. love your illustration abilities

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

good illustration...fingernails look a little to pink though..unless he is into that kinda thing
                  graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X