Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    lowfatgraphics
    Tough to comment because I'm not aware of its usage...signage or a cup coaster-- how small will it ever be, because at one point the thin tag line with not be readable. So you would have to create a system....
    Today, 03:39 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Font
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to invest in a font management software. I've used Suitcase Fusion ($119) before but I've been hearing good things about Font Explorer X Pro ($89).

Today, 03:18 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western style logo

Hello,

dropping of a logo here I'm doing for a restaurant. It is the typical help-out-a-buddy-job.

I still have some work to do with the details, but please let me know if you see any details that can be changed for the better.

I do want critics so dont hold back.

Attached Files

I like this. "Food, Liquor, Fun" looks a little too close to the left. There's more space on the right side.

Comment

Oh, thanks

Thank you very much, here is another perfectly centered With a background-test (i really dont like gradients.. dont know why, doesnt give the nice feel of beautyful lines).

Attached Files

Comment

What's that strip of 'junk' behind he logo. (ya, buildings in a western town, I know) but why? Too much detail/extraneous text and detracts from the logo itself. The logo works for me without the extras.

Comment

i like it but it still needs some cleaning up. the I and G in big look a little tight. also i think saloon steakhouse would look a lot better if it was hand drawn or changed some to give it more fluid motion. maybe make the letters taller to fill in some space (but don't just stretch the font!) just idea but i like what you've done so far.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I think the shape of the bullhorn needs a little work! It's a bit stiff and awkward in shape. Here's one that gives you an idea of what they should look like.

You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

^em are longhorns.
              Bulls are shorter and stouter.

Comment

I would suggest putting diamond glyphs between the food liquor and fun.

Nice otherwise.
                "What the hell is this? You said, 'It's art. Just f***in mirror it.'" - Gordon Downie

Comment

What's that strip of 'junk' behind he logo. (ya, buildings in a western town, I know) but why? Too much detail/extraneous text and detracts from the logo itself. The logo works for me without the extras.

PrintDriver:
                  You are absolutely right, and I've noticed the 'junk' to, but in some weird way I'm having trouble to listen to myself. And it is there you come in the picture, thank you for telling me, I do sure need it . I also like alot of details for some reason and I know that it is something that I should work alot more with (or less, or, hmm lost focus).

i like it but it still needs some cleaning up. the I and G in big look a little tight. also i think saloon steakhouse would look a lot better if it was hand drawn or changed some to give it more fluid motion. maybe make the letters taller to fill in some space (but don't just stretch the font!) just idea but i like what you've done so far.

Typically:
                  I've listened to what you've said and put a little more space between 'I' and 'G', I've also cleaned it up a little from details. I've made the 'saloon, steakhouse'-text a little thinner, made some difference but I will also look into some other fonts maybe. I actually searched for "western fonts" and pretty much picked the two first I found. Thank you very much for your input.
                  I think the shape of the bullhorn needs a little work! It's a bit stiff and awkward in shape. Here's one that gives you an idea of what they should look like.
                  Cornfed: I've watched the picture in the link below for reference. I'm happy with the form of the horn but I might have to take a look on the shadowing.

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2007/03...RR2X3188sm.jpg

Thank you Fredonia2k for the tip, they are there now =)

More critics are welcome!

Attached Files

Comment

kinda hard to read. Maybe try taking out the middle flourishes in the smaller letters? Kerning in 'street' needs an overhaul, well, all over really.

Comment

Oh, sorry!
                      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I'm liking it more with the diamonds between the Food Liquor Fun area. The 'stuff' behind the logo looks like boats in the first image. I do like the idea of it, but it does clutter like PD said. They may be useful in other areas at some point.

Western fonts are a pain for me, they are either too much, or too little. Big Street is ok to me, but it does look a tad 'thick' in the street part. That, and the straight line on that "G" just doesn't seem right.

Comment

Hi,

i'm a newbie round these parts, so i hope u dont mind me inputting

I'm liking the logo, but am wondering, rather than making the text taller to fill space, could'nt you leave as is, but reduce the height of the brown block shape in the background?

Just an idea

Mike

Comment

i think you salon and steakhouse could flow a bit better. something makes it look weird...maybe play with the placement of one of the words.
                            Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

Comment

I like the overall look, but you have some strange negative space and hierarchy issues (IMO).

In your current version, saloon and steakhouse are as larger as your "tagline": Food, Liquor, Fun. Have you tried something more straightforward and centered, like this. (And yes, I know I mistyped Saloon ...). Just a thought.

__________________________________________________
                              I like to beat up pacifists, because they don't fight back ...

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X