Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to school project one pager
    skribe
    I think it is well executed. Especially for a school project. The roll overs are good, and I really like the eagle spreading its wings. The only thing that caught my eye was the label text on the banners...
    Today, 07:06 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Can anyone help identifying this script typeface?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Eann and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:00 PM
  • Pat Angelo
    Reply to Laptop Bags
    Pat Angelo
    Yeah,go to shop and choose a suitable.
    Today, 01:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Yeah, it's too bad new designers don't know them.
    I had a couple sub-vendor printers go completely offline for two weeks in November due to a Christmas crush. They didn't take any new orders for...
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    You shouldn't be looking on google images... at least not without expecting to pursue permission to use the images. Google images is NOT a stock site, though some stock shows up in it.

There...
    Today, 01:01 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors Magazine Spread

Hey Y'all

I know I havent posted anything in a while... im not sure if you guys are familar with colors magazine, but it is a very cool, controversial magazine that deals with serious issues... the slogan is "A magaize about the rest of the world"...www.colorsmagazine.com But anyway this is a school project that we had to do... We had to pick a topic that would fit this magazine and design a cover and spread. I chose to research racism and children and how it is a learned behavior..Kids arent born racist. So I decided to go with a child like approach.. Luckally my mom is a preschool teacher, so I had her class help me by asking them to draw themselves, and write their name... SO with a little bit of scanning, and alot of photoshopping, I picked the drawing thats on the cover and manipulated it... Into a corrupt game of Hangman. I changed the color of his eye, removed a leg, colored his arm blue, etc but that is an actual drawing by a preschooler. ( of course I drew the noose etc with purple crayon and rescanned)... the figures holding hands on the spread I drew to continue the style thats on the cover... I am thinking about entering this in a call for entries, but i would like to improve upon it sooon! (deadlines for entries is wed.) soooooo... i am asking u guys of ur opinion, and any quick suggestions to improve... The cover I really dont want to change... Im thinking of maybe adding a rainbow on the spread? to signify another type of diversity? the spread looks like its missing something to me or should i leave the white space???

Thanks sooo much if u just read that!

Last edited by Jriddim; 04-21-2008, 03:23 AM.
    Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

I like the general feel of it. It works.

No black children?

The cover doesn't quite have enough information on it though. If you look at a other magazine covers, there is a lot of text on the top about the articles to be found inside. There usually a price and a barcode too. Adding these elements to your cover will make this look more like an existing magazine.

The way you have represented the 2 languages by alternating in the headers is very cool.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

thanks buda.... I didnt want to target just one race... i tried to take notice to the way the children were drawing themselves...they would draw themselves with different colored limbs and faces etc... maybe i should darken up one of the faces in the spread? about the cover...colors covers are verrrryyyy minimalistic, they really dont even have a barcode on the cover... it is a very image-driven magazine...it really tries to rely on image rather than text, throught the magazine

thanks for ur quick reply!
      Last edited by Jriddim; 04-21-2008, 03:37 AM.
      Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X