Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexpetrovic
    futuristic UI design
    Alexpetrovic
    Hi,

I have a personal sci-fi ui project i have been working on that no one has seen from the beginning so i would gladly appreciate some critique.

thanks in advance
    Today, 10:20 PM
  • MichaelWied
    Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    Hey all you Art Directors! I'm starting to get my portfolio spruced up again as I feel held back at my current job (and no, there is no room to grow, it's a very stagnant position). I know there's online...
    Today, 08:38 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody else noticing Google home page has seemed to have reverted to an older style?
    <b>
    It looks the same to me, whether using Chrome or Safari. The only thing different I see in Chrome is the absence of Google asking me to switch to Chrome.
    Today, 08:33 PM
  • GRow
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    GRow
    For the first 5 years I spent designing I never once cared about good kerning. 4 years later I'm noticing it and making mental notes not to forget about it. With flyer design like this it can make all...
    Today, 08:11 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    HotButton
    ^Right.

Or at least...

Just like you would produce a client's design in accordance with specs and guidelines from a printer, sign maker, label manufacturer, etc., you shop for...
    Today, 08:03 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal buzz card

I scream you scream we all scream for business cards!
    so here we go again.

Ive been invited to show art at an engagement party for some pretty fancy people this weekend. Nothing crazy just 4 or 5 large drawings will be up around the house for people to notice as they are mingling. I would like to have just drop something by the door for people to grab besides my statement.

So after fumbling around might print these up at kinkos or something.
    The franklin gothic is a bit heavy on the back....trying to find a medium that will slim it up a bit. Since I will be showing art, I've highlighted that aspect.

-zach

Philip Guston smoked a lot of cigarettes

Do you have one piece that will be hanging that is your "showstopper" if so, maybe you could reference that somehow in your card so that people coming through will remember your style, and "that piece they loved"

Comment

The black swoosh cutting off the text is unsettling. Try putting the text in front.
      "What the hell is this? You said, 'It's art. Just f***in mirror it.'" - Gordon Downie

Comment

Originally posted by Fredonia2k View Post
        The black swoosh cutting off the text is unsettling. Try putting the text in front.

I think we're on the same page, Fredonia.

I'd like to suggest an alternative for the "swoosh" on the left of the card.
        Try estending it a bit more horizontally, then inserting your name in white inside of it...

hope that made sense...

BTW, nice to see someone from RVA!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X