X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm about to become a final year graphic design student and am incredibly eager to learn what sorts of things could enhance my professional image when i finally graduate, and i found this extremely helpful!

thanks for posting, CkretAjint!
    To attempt to hold fast an instant is doubtful
    To bind an emotion unthinkable
    To petrify love impossible
    It is beautiful to be transitory
    How lovely it is not to have to live forever

Comment

I like this, I found that this should be done across the board even if you don't freelance. When you present yourself show what you can do, not necessarily what you have done. I'm working on doing all my printed work to match my website. To me it's extremely important to show how well you understand branding and consistancy.

Great presentation!

Comment

i am so stealing all of your stuff...
        Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Benjo!

Stealing isn't nice mojo!
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

maybe if i sort of borrow them then...

and c'mon, as picasso said, great artists steal.
            Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Great post, I will have to get around to doing something similar - thanks for the input.
              Love the way the TM works in your logo by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Howell View Post
                Great post, I will have to get around to doing something similar - thanks for the input.
                Love the way the TM works in your logo by the way!

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Roth View Post
                  You're thorough, i'll give you that.

If i had a criticism, (and know i'll be jumped on by all and sundry for it) it would be with the way your name is stacked together. I find myself looking at the white space more than the name. You've got the tightly leaded name taking the eyes one way and those huge gaps pulling them another.
                  this does have a "eye chart look" to the logo

Comment

I think this is all good advice for freelancers. Consistent branding is important.
                    I'm underwhelmed by the design though. This is a critique forum after all.

Comment

Critiques are always welcome and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
                      Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Exceptionally done Ckret... Inspiring to the fullest!

Comment

awesome post - sometimes you forget how to consistently market yourself with these little things

Comment

It may be just me, but the images aren't showing up for me. And everyone is gushing over them so I want to gush as well.
                            design junkie www.johnsteinkamp2.com

Comment

I removed the images from their original hosting location, sorry! If a moderator would like to, I can coordinate with them to replace/adjust the IMG paths so that they will once again show up. Just PM me!

Comment

Restored!!!
                                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X