X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie poster project

I am doing a project at uni where we have to redesign posters for 3 different movies, I'm doing Memento, Vertigo and Fargo.... here is the Memento one...

What do you think?

I will also post Vertigo and Fargo when they are done.

(Just realised all the films end in 'o' - coincidence...)

VERY nice. Can't wait to see the rest, esp. Fargo "OH yeah sure, you betcha"

Comment

looks great! the only thing that bothers me is the bottom text, it's really difficult to read it appears all the letters run together. Might be too light on the white background. just a thought.

Comment

It looks good, my suggestions:

1) The title font seems to be laying on top of the paper slip. If you photographed it, re-shoot with the title on the slip of paper and crumpled, right now the type seems to perfect on top of crumpled paper.

2) The physical size of the supporting cast/production crew is bigger than the stars of the film. Maybe try finding a new way to either display the cast, or the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdevlin View Post
          It looks good, my suggestions:

1) The title font seems to be laying on top of the paper slip. If you photographed it, re-shoot with the title on the slip of paper and crumpled, right now the type seems to perfect on top of crumpled paper.

2) The physical size of the supporting cast/production crew is bigger than the stars of the film. Maybe try finding a new way to either display the cast, or the crew.

thats weird, cos i DID write the 'memento' on the paper before i photographed it! but you're right it does look as if its layed on top afterwards - but i promise you it isnt! lol

will work on the cast/crew text too thanks

Comment

It's probably because the photo is so contrasty. There's no tonal range on the letters to indicate unevenness and it's such a saturated black that it stands out like it's just been dropped on top. I suppose the directly overhead view is also negating some of the odd angles you would expect to see.

Comment

Fargo:

Vertigo:

Comment

Hmm try again with Fargo.

btw we really do say ya you betcha up here.

Comment

I'm from the midwest myself but now live in North Carolina - have for over 20 years. Whenever I see "Fargo" I start talking like that again. lol

I agree...I like the other two posters best. WHERE'S THE SNOW? On the TV screen?

Comment

hmm fargo was hard, all i could think of was snow snow and more snow! and i need to move away from the original!

ive got "you betcha" in a MN accent in my head now lol

Comment

How about the type in blood dripping on the snow? That one part with the woodchipper was really gross!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWFhDvURLg

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSpace View Post
                        reminds me of the tv series lead balloon, its completely hilarious.
                        My Portfolio.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X