Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jr72023
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    jr72023
    It really looks good. As noted, I am not an artist. The rest of the posters are the pros.

Just curious if a ? in the lower bubble "clue" might not be a little more poignant? Even...
    Today, 01:39 AM
  • Derailed
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    Derailed
    I work for a wrap company. We do almost everything in Illustrator. They send me the templates of the vehicles, although sometimes I don't have to match everything up exactly. Would you be designing...
    Today, 12:16 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOGO for ADULT DAY CARE

I'm creating a logo for a Hmong (Asian Ethnic Group) Day Care.

This is a hmong fabric pattern popular in the Hmong culture...
    http://www.nebraskafolklife.org/imag...ng-subdued.jpg

So I tried in corporating it in the tree... which one do you think works better?

The one on the left resembles the pattern very well. The one on the right seems to stand out more, but having initials in an image seems too cliche, overkill. Need help deciding which one is preferred. Thanks!

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    http://www.focuspocusdesign.com/print_portfolio.php

It's not really called Asian Adult Day Care is it?

I like the illustration, but I hate the name. Maybe because I am an asian adult. Is this supposed to appeal to me?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I am Asian myself, and I believe that is the name given to me. I know, how boring, but it's what they wanted. Maybe I can help change their mind. However, which one would you prefer? Left or right...that was the reason I posted this.

Comment

I prefer the left design.

Can you explain this day care to me? A day care here is a place where you send babies for the day while their parents go to work. So Adult Asian Day Care seems confusing. Is it for senior citizens that can't take care of themselves?
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Well there are lots of Hmong elders who need special assistance and help, since they are not as educated...coming to the States due to the Vietnam War. The elders came over in their 40-50's. This day care is to help them with their daily activities, hospital visits, grocery shopping, and basically takes care of those less fortunate. Non profit. Imagine it being a nursing home, but without all the abuse.

Comment

Not sure how involved you are in the Asian community... But adult day cares are quite common... just google Adult Day Care and you'll find plenty, buddy. Hope you just learned something new.

Comment

xlphie, buda is a buddette, not a buddy. And she's just asking because she's not familiar with adult day care.

buda, adult day care is very common in The States these days. People in their 40s and 50s or so are called the "Sandwich Generation" because they're raising their own kids, but also caring for aging parents because life expectency has been extended. Adult day care is the same as baby day care except for the age. In some cases they are combined, because the elders love interacting with the youngsters!

It is like a nursing home in a way, except the attendees are picked up at the end of the day and taken home to their families.

Hope that helps explain!
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

We call those senior support services here and day care is for infants. If your client's viewers know what the name means that that is fine. Disregard my confusion. I live in New Zealand so our local language is a bit different.

Is there a reason why you have used green? Green is a very popular colour for corporations these days that are trying to convince the public that their business values are green.

Comment

Thanks Garricks.

I've never head of "Sandwich Generation" either! I always thought that it was really unfair being in that generation. I know someone like that. Every Christmas, she has to go and make sure her 90+ year old parents are comfortable over the holidays. I know it sounds awful, but she and her husband have never spent Christmas with their own grandchildren as a result of this. Their children live far away and the parents are too frail to move. I guess one day her parents will leave this world, hopefully the kids are still into Christmas by then.

Comment

I just learnt something new too!
                    Like the illustration, but find it too detailed. I know you've tried to follow the traditional pattern, but I think it would loose detail at a smaller size.
                    I'm not a fan of serif fonts for the name in a logo, but thats personal preference.
                    Sigs. Made by the internet, for the internet.

Comment

I prefer the left, but my first thoughts were the same as Shmoo's. Toooo much detail for a logo.

...and the font is boring.

Comment

I also prefer the one on the left. I like the concept and the image is actually very beautiful. Have you tried it without the leaves?

I agree that the image is too detailed. Someone (forgive me, I can't remember who) on this forum used to have a great sig with quote to the effect that simplicity is harder than complexity. I think that applies in this case.

Comment

I'd love an Adult Day Care Centre. That would be friggin awesome. You go in, sit down, someone brings you beer and food all day long. Then you take a little nap, wake up watch some TV, get another couple of beers.... oh wait that's the local pub.

The logo on the left.

I agree the name is off putting as it sounds too much like Montessori for adults.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

thee tree is too much i would almost think just the pattern in teh middle could be used somehow, or a less stylized tree?
                            Dribbble Page
                            Behance Portfolio
                            Linkedin Profile

Comment

The logo, while beautiful, is too detailed. Try reducing that to business card size and see how much of the detail remains. Try getting that embroidered on staff coats.

Though I understand the reasoning behind the name, it's rather offputting to essentially say "we only take care of Asian people." Are your doors open to people of other ethnicities? I think by physically being in the community you aim to serve and marketing specifically for the people within it should be sufficient to ensure that you take care of the people you aim to look out for.

Is there a word in Hmong language/culture that they could use for the company name? Perhaps the word for 'caring' or something similar? It would help get across that you aim to care for the people of that culture without seeming as 'closed'.
                              Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X