X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian marriage table cards

This project is for placecards for the table, so instead of #'s the table will have names and each name symbolies the ritual that takes place in the indian marriage. This place card will also tell a little about the ritual so it can be informative.

Please let me know how can I imporve this. or if this overall looks professional.

Thank you
    Attached Files

They're all quite busy and don't seem to relate to one another stylistically. Where does the name go?

blog/portfolio

Comment

What will be their final size...?
      Right now it looks like the italic text is very small and hard to read...

Otherwise they are nice. I can't really comment on the choice of images or words as I don't know what they mean. but i'll assume they work for the project.
      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
        They're all quite busy and don't seem to relate to one another stylistically. Where does the name go?
        Well the name is the Words that are big for example Table name will be Mehandi, Vidahi etc. So just to tell you what Mehandi is .... its an Indian word for HENNA (temporary tattoo) So i made the image look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
          What will be their final size...?
          Right now it looks like the italic text is very small and hard to read...

Otherwise they are nice. I can't really comment on the choice of images or words as I don't know what they mean. but i'll assume they work for the project.

The size of this will be half of the letter size paper so they will read pretty well. also i will ad in hand made decorations on the sides of that like glitter to make it pop more.

Comment

Originally posted by monaober View Post
            Well the name is the Words that are big for example Table name will be Mehandi, Vidahi etc. So just to tell you what Mehandi is .... its an Indian word for HENNA (temporary tattoo) So i made the image look like that.
            I meant where does the guest's name go?

And 5.5 x 8.5 seems awful large for a placecard. They're normally in the 2x3 range. At least here in the US they're that small traditionally. I don't know if there's a cultural difference at work here in regards to the difference in size.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
              I meant where does the guest's name go?

And 5.5 x 8.5 seems awful large for a placecard. They're normally in the 2x3 range. At least here in the US they're that small traditionally. I don't know if there's a cultural difference at work here in regards to the difference in size.
              Well the list will be on the enterance table with the Table names and under the table names will be the list of the guest. so the list will show when they go in what table they r sittin at. so they wont have to go to table to table to find the name.

And the size is still on the works. i am sayig that it will be smaller then that size but can be as big as half of letter size

Comment

So these go on the tables? And you'd have a poster of sorts where all the names would be listed with their corresponding table name. The larger size would make sense then.

blog/portfolio

Comment

They are kind of busy, but some of the illys are very pretty. The first two seem related, but the third one doesn't seem to fit, also it looks a bit boring compared to the other 2. I don't like the tilted text. you might try using the same fonts in the same colors or similar hues, same sizes oriented the same with all the text being either right or left justified as you have done on the middle one to achieve some unity.
                  “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X