Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PrintDriver
    Your client needs to get you the dimensions of the door. Without that, one can only guess.
    In Illustrator use whatever units you want. I use inches. Too much math otherwise.
    Today, 02:00 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PrintDriver
    B, we pay illustrators to create maps for projects and end up paying them a royalty based fee. The number of copies are limited by contract and they are free to license the map art for others. I don't...
    Today, 01:57 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF cdgc

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 01:11 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF wikster

Your image is not showing up. What works best for me is to upload an image to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then use the IMG tag/link and paste that directly...
    Today, 01:10 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Lion Vector Logo
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Bear

Did you draw the lion too, or did you just do the header with it?

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the...
    Today, 01:06 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster/Advert Feedback Please

I am making an advertisement poster for my first project at university based on my feelings towards my football (soccer) team. I have decided to use the emotions felt on match day and I have been trying to show what these emotions are through an advertisement for the club.

I think the football pitch will attract my audience (Birmingham City fans or football fans in general) along with the blue and white colours of Birmingham city.

What do you think about it?
    Last edited by thking79; 11-27-2009, 07:18 PM.

It's interesting and seems simple.
    I'm going to assume that the grey symbol means something in the world of soccer/football as I am not that versed in European football.
    Two things: - why the period after Elation, seems out of place and unnecessary.
    - the logo in the bottom right is completely illegible (yes I know it will be bigger) but I just worry that it is truly too small (I know you're thinking, ugh like a bad client asking for the logo bigger, but in this case I really wonder).
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

What do you want people to do after viewing your ad?

If you want them to buy tickets, better get a call to action in there...phone number, Web address, something like that.

Otherwise it seems nice and clean. What's the graphic at the bottom right?

Edit: Whoops, Audentia's right, delete the full stop after elation.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

The graphic at the bottom right is the Birmingham City logo

Comment

Another one:

Last edited by thking79; 11-27-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

One thing I noticed mate, is that you have some sort of a distressed/blotted effect over the whole poster, is there a reason for that to be there?

I'd have thought having it antigrundge for a poster thats aiming to be simple?..

It's not a big issue really, it might just look a bit cleaner.

Comment

I like it. I also don't think the BCFC badge needs to be bigger, most football related stuff I see has very small club badges on, people here in the UK just seem to recognise them regardless of size. And it's clear that the poster is about BCFC anyway! But as above try without the grunge, although I do quite like it.

Comment

5 points form me.

1. If your aiming to mimic a real road sign, I've never seen one with big yellow boxes, but maybe I'm just from a different part of the United Kingdom. Would plain white text, in a slightly smaller font than the main "Birmingham City FC" not suffice? (without any yellow box)

2. Again, if your aiming to mimic a real road sign, the green pitch in the background seems quite out of place to me. It doesn't seem to belong there, especially in the vertical plane. I think,

3. Some to lose the pitch and use some other common symbol representing football in white, on the main sign would be more realistic, more focused. My eyes are jumping to the green pitch and looking for something more than just a pitch, but there's nothing else there. The pitch doesn't really say anything at all to me. I suppose if I didn't know what FC meant it might give me a clue to what the whole image was about.

4. The comment along the bottom also seems like its just stuck on with no real connection to the whole image. Could that comment not be again employed in a realistic way, something like one of those big 7 segment display signs that supply warnings and updates, which can be changed by the motorway management people, from their office.

5. The second sample shows all the emotions are in different locations. Surely you want all these emotions to be illustrated at the one place. It seems you have to go different places to experience each.

Comment

Originally posted by SeveBallesteros View Post
                  5 points form me.

1. If your aiming to mimic a real road sign, I've never seen one with big yellow boxes, but maybe I'm just from a different part of the United Kingdom. Would plain white text, in a slightly smaller font than the main "Birmingham City FC" not suffice? (without any yellow box)

2. Again, if your aiming to mimic a real road sign, the green pitch in the background seems quite out of place to me. It doesn't seem to belong there, especially in the vertical plane. I think,

3. Some to lose the pitch and use some other common symbol representing football in white, on the main sign would be more realistic, more focused. My eyes are jumping to the green pitch and looking for something more than just a pitch, but there's nothing else there. The pitch doesn't really say anything at all to me. I suppose if I didn't know what FC meant it might give me a clue to what the whole image was about.

4. The comment along the bottom also seems like its just stuck on with no real connection to the whole image. Could that comment not be again employed in a realistic way, something like one of those big 7 segment display signs that supply warnings and updates, which can be changed by the motorway management people, from their office.

5. The second sample shows all the emotions are in different locations. Surely you want all these emotions to be illustrated at the one place. It seems you have to go different places to experience each.
                  @ 5, the different places are meant to show the different roads a match takes and what emotions you get from different occurrences/results.

Comment

Originally posted by thking79 View Post
                    @ 5, the different places are meant to show the different roads a match takes and what emotions you get from different occurrences/results.
                    I understand slightly better what you mean, but I had just presumed, as you generally do at a road sign, that it is time for me to make a choice where I want to go.

To me these type of signs as illustrated are not there to show what lies ahead, but rather they're the type that ask me to choose where I going to go. Maybe the emotions should lie along an outer ring, such as the M25, so that the sign appears to say, if you follow this path (i.e. the outer ring), you are likely to encounter these places (i.e. emotions), rather than, this emotion is over there, another is over here, etc.

I hope that makes some sense?

Comment

Originally posted by SeveBallesteros View Post
                      I understand slightly better what you mean, but I had just presumed, as you generally do at a road sign, that it is time for me to make a choice where I want to go.

To me these type of signs as illustrated are not there to show what lies ahead, but rather they're the type that ask me to choose where I going to go. Maybe the emotions should lie along an outer ring, such as the M25, so that the sign appears to say, if you follow this path (i.e. the outer ring), you are likely to encounter these places (i.e. emotions), rather than, this emotion is over there, another is over here, etc.

I hope that makes some sense?
                      I dont quite get what you mean about the outer ring thing, could you expand more?

Comment

Just that you can state this emotion, that emotion, and another emotion, all lie somewhere along the ring, so they aren't scattered destinations, but all connected by a common denominator, i.e. the ring system , i.e. Birmingham FC in your analogy equates to the M25 ring, while joy = Watford, elation = Leatherhead, etc.
                        Attached Files

Comment

added images in background , not sure if it works.

Comment

It might if you had them opaque enough to prevent the lines from distracting the viewer from the picture and where people would notice them better (I didn't even realize you had changed it at first). Also, unless all you're trying to tell the viewer what you feel, you probably need some way to tell us what you want us to do or think about. Examples of this are: "For more information or game times call..." or "These are the moments you live for. To get the latest, look us up" Followed by the logo. Something like that, my ideas probably weren't the best because I don't know that much about the subject.

-Fairth
                            While I recognize the necessity for a basis of observed reality... true art lies in a reality that is felt. -Odilon Redon

Comment

The first one was better as it's simpler and got the message across quicker. Also the larger sign in the first one grabs your attention more effectively than the second one. I would try it without the football pitch in the background though, like someone else suggested. You're making it more complicated which is the wrong way to go - reduce it to the bare minimum.
                              When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X