Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    KitchWitch
    I think the second set is improved, but still static. I've noticed that a lot of infographics not only use color block backgrounds to separate sections, they often also use something that breaks those...
    Today, 01:49 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to HELLO
    KitchWitch
    Hi Alessia and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:33 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Looking For Designers / How To's
    KitchWitch
    Hi Amit and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 01:31 PM
  • alessia1234
    Reply to HELLO
    alessia1234
    Hello Guys I'm new in this forum. Today My first day in this forum website.
    Today, 07:23 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Realty Company Logo concept
    Kayekaye
    This reminds me of what Chip Kidd, designer at Alfred A. Knopt Publishers said in his TED Talk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0KxNeLp1E

He said his first design class in school the teacher...
    Today, 06:56 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm partially color-blind. Are my colors off?

Hi. I'm partially colorblind and a programmer by trade (driver dev, not web), but I did design for a few years in college. I eventually stopped designing because I realized my colorblindness became a hindrance, though I dabble here and there.

Often, a color flaw will reveal itself when I'm nearly finished with a design, and I'm curious if that's the case here. For this example, I'm noticing the browns look read one minute, and reds look brown the next. I can't convince myself this color scheme works, though it feels like it should.

My question is this: do the colors in the two snapshots below go together?

Btw I'm not asking about if the fonts do, etc, just the colors. I was designing background color to "portfolio" option when I realized I could be waaaay off, so figured I'd ask around first.

And I know some of the colors show up rather dark, which is the intent. Hopefully, on properly-calibrated monitors, the overall intensity of the colors feels correct, but please let me know if they are not.

The menu "Options" to the left are currently an undecided color, and I'd like for them to come from a color palette of the colors already used.

And in case you're wondering, it's for my personal site that's been neglected for a few years. It is not intended to be used to garner any new clients, and will serve as a blog mostly for friends/family.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

/Martin

Hi, ruttledge, welcome to GDF!

Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

The colour in the "personal" tab looks too brown to me. A bit more red in that tab would be nicer.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
        The colour in the "personal" tab looks too brown to me. A bit more red in that tab would be nicer.
        Agreed. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you verified what I was thinking. Anything else look too brown?

Btw I believe I wrote "portfolio" above, but meant the "personal" tab.

Comment

Nope, the rest looks ok to me. To be honest though, I only noticed because I was looking for it. If I was just surfing your page, I wouldn't have noticed.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

It looks fine to me. One thing, and I know you mentioned this, there doesn't seem to be enough contrast between the sub menu bg and the sub menu text.

Comment

i can see them going together......but i am colorblind (not total-greyscale, but a wide mix of colors, mainly red/green)
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X