Posters for How Magazine Competition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters for How Magazine Competition.

Originally done for a College English presentation on Wit and Design. Edited them a bit for the competition. They focus on social issues.

Looks cool, I like the first one alot.

Comment

I like all 3.

Comment

Clever concepts. Execution is only so-so.
        It's kinda funny posting stuff here for a How Competition...

Comment

There's something to be said for simplicity, and I think you've got the right idea, but perhaps you could try adding some depth and get away from solid colors. I could see that power symbol looking like one of those gel/shiny graphics. I don't know exactly what they need, but get a little more adventuress with them. Perhaps the plant one could have pictures of a factory plant with roots coming out of the bottom of it faded into the background.

Whatever works, try stuff and see what happens.

-Fairth
          While I recognize the necessity for a basis of observed reality... true art lies in a reality that is felt. -Odilon Redon

Comment

I like them. I think if you are going to use that font then you should make the letters not have the exact same grunge effect on them. I think it takes away from the effect when all of the same letters have the same distress marks.
            You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
              Reply to I want to fade my background image. How could i do that using adobe photoshop.
              PrintDriver
              HB, this might be a more basic question....

To turn a Background layer into an editable layer,
              double click on it in the layer palette.
              This will bring up a dialog box to make...
              Today, 09:27 AM
            • Obsidian86
              Comment on Online School recommendations?
              Obsidian86
              Your friend should have visited Obsidian86's logo-barn emporium. He could have gotten a logo for $20 and TWO .jpgs. We'll even print and mail you a copy of your logo for an extra $5! And that's not all,...
              Today, 09:21 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Online School recommendations?
              PrintDriver
              Friends don't let friend do silly things like buying logos from Etsy.
              Of course some friends are mule-headed about such things too...
              Today, 09:01 AM
            • kemingMatters
              Comment on Playing Cards
              kemingMatters
              The tightest pattern doesn't do it justice, the slightly tighter version pushes the heart ahead of the queen, still there is something about the original pattern that is taking away from the illustration,...
              Today, 08:44 AM
            • Cosmo
              Reply to Online School recommendations?
              Cosmo
              I've seen people offer graphic design through Etsy. I had a fried get a "logo" through them. Paid $25 and got a .jpg of some clipart with her name on it. It's definitely a "get what you...
              Today, 07:47 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X