Posters for How Magazine Competition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters for How Magazine Competition.

Originally done for a College English presentation on Wit and Design. Edited them a bit for the competition. They focus on social issues.

Looks cool, I like the first one alot.

Comment

I like all 3.

Comment

Clever concepts. Execution is only so-so.
        It's kinda funny posting stuff here for a How Competition...

Comment

There's something to be said for simplicity, and I think you've got the right idea, but perhaps you could try adding some depth and get away from solid colors. I could see that power symbol looking like one of those gel/shiny graphics. I don't know exactly what they need, but get a little more adventuress with them. Perhaps the plant one could have pictures of a factory plant with roots coming out of the bottom of it faded into the background.

Whatever works, try stuff and see what happens.

-Fairth
          While I recognize the necessity for a basis of observed reality... true art lies in a reality that is felt. -Odilon Redon

Comment

I like them. I think if you are going to use that font then you should make the letters not have the exact same grunge effect on them. I think it takes away from the effect when all of the same letters have the same distress marks.
            You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
              Comment on Graphic Designer's In Math
              PanToshi
              Sounds like a fun assignment for all involved. Bravo and thanks for teaching our kids math!
              Today, 10:18 PM
            • Daisy B.
              Comment on Graphic Designer's In Math
              Daisy B.
              Thank you for answering my questions. The project that I'm working on is about how math is used in almost every profession, so each student has to pick a job and then research how math is used in that...
              Today, 10:14 PM
            • salsa
              Reply to Graphic Designer's In Math
              salsa
              What kind of simple math do you use on a regular basis whilst doing your job?
              addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions & percentages, ratios, geometry, basic algebra, patterns/sequences...
              Today, 05:31 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
              PanToshi
              In my area of the country, there are an abundance of this.

Believe me, despite over 12 years of agency experience and 15 years being a ''freelancer'', even I have encountered this bias. Especially...
              Today, 03:10 PM
            • B
              Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
              B
              I wouldn't say it means nothing. If it's coupled with all the other things, like internships, actual employment and education, it definitely counts for something.

When I interview people...
              Today, 02:33 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X