Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to Hello GDF community
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tim

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 10:32 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hola!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF pixaeiro

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 10:31 PM
  • Lucifer
    InDesign and Illustrator - am I missing out?
    Lucifer
    Both these programs seem to be popular here. Rarely do I see someone talking about CorelDRAW. I've been using CorelDRAW for less than a month and I'm picking up stuff fast. I assume the Adobe suite is...
    Today, 10:26 PM
  • TimDojo
    Reply to Lowly student designer desperately seeks community
    TimDojo
    Hi Cilemons, I just joined this forum for a lot of the same reasons. I think community is important, and we thrive together much more than alone. I'm new to graphic design but I like helping other artists...
    Today, 10:02 PM
  • TimDojo
    Hello GDF community
    TimDojo
    I'm excited to join this collective of creative people! I hope to build connection, to learn from others and help anyone I can reach their creative potential!
    Today, 09:55 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters for How Magazine Competition.

Originally done for a College English presentation on Wit and Design. Edited them a bit for the competition. They focus on social issues.

Looks cool, I like the first one alot.

Comment

I like all 3.

Comment

Clever concepts. Execution is only so-so.
        It's kinda funny posting stuff here for a How Competition...

Comment

There's something to be said for simplicity, and I think you've got the right idea, but perhaps you could try adding some depth and get away from solid colors. I could see that power symbol looking like one of those gel/shiny graphics. I don't know exactly what they need, but get a little more adventuress with them. Perhaps the plant one could have pictures of a factory plant with roots coming out of the bottom of it faded into the background.

Whatever works, try stuff and see what happens.

-Fairth
          While I recognize the necessity for a basis of observed reality... true art lies in a reality that is felt. -Odilon Redon

Comment

I like them. I think if you are going to use that font then you should make the letters not have the exact same grunge effect on them. I think it takes away from the effect when all of the same letters have the same distress marks.
            You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X