Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
  • Sbower
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    Sbower
    Thank you everyone for you comments they have been very helpful. I do have to agree after looking it over again I don't think the icon reads very effectively. And therefore makes it a bit useless. And...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Are you able to read the text?
    PanToshi
    No prob. The vBulletin forum software is really kinda… well, borked up. I'm glad the workaround works for ya.
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you please critique a logo?

I'm not a graphic designer, but I do have somewhat of an eye for design. I am currently in the process of starting a building repair and personal service business called Hired Hands of America. Our organization is similar to a franchise. We sell micro business opportunities in building, repair and personal services(i.e. dog walking, delivery, house cleaning, etc...) to skilled and qualified individuals who would like to be represented by us. In other words, as a paid member of HHA, we provide our members with the licensing, insurance, signage, jobs, marketing, and we handle the billing. In return, our contractors pay us a 40% fee on all the jobs they perform for HHA. We're in the process of having our logo designed we would like to hear this forums opinions and feedback about the concepts they create for us. I hope that this request is ok with your forum's admin. If not, I could completely understand. Thanks in advance for help and expertize.
    Last edited by morea; 12-02-2009, 03:07 AM.

Welcome to GDF, Rayfeeo. Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!

B, D, and F look like the FHA (Federal Housing Administration) logo from the '50s/'60s, but a quick Google search looks like they've updated since then. You might want to do a more extensive search, though.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Is this work that was created by a designer you have hired?
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Oh, I missed that Cornfed.

Rayfeeo, it's against forum policy to post work that's not your own...
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

clever

Who ever thought someone could create an original and well fitting house icon.
          Last edited by tZ; 12-02-2009, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah cornfed, paid for in advance!

Comment

since it is already paid for ... doesn't it belong to Rayfeeo?
              Can it be posted then?
              Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
              http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

You're being sarcastic, yes? I really can't tell!

Comment

I don't believe MD is being sarcastic.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Rayfeeo View Post
                    Yeah cornfed, paid for in advance!
                    There's no reason to be all snippy about it.
                    You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Cornfed, I don't believe Rayfeeo was being snippy.

Apparently this thread is revealing a lot of things "I don't believe".

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

I can't believe it's not butter!

Comment

God I love butter.

Comment

I love lard.

"I can't believe it's not lard!"
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

From the forum guidelines:

9. Do not post someone else's design for critique. It is our policy to only allow critiques of work posted by the original artist. The critiquing process is almost as personal of an interaction between the artist and their peers as it is between the artist and client. Do not post someone else's design for critique. (The major exception to this rule is when a major company or corporation has a publicly announced branding or rebranding such as the recent ones for the 2012 Olympics, Quark and AT&T. These are fair game.)

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X