Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    PanToshi
    It would indeed reflect poorly on you, and threats of physical "stuff" would indeed be criminal. Your frustration doesn't justify retaliative or illegal reactions....
    Today, 06:14 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Friend as a client - problem
    kemingMatters
    All of the stuff you created is single purpose, so the only thing you would be achieve is making yourself look inept.
    Today, 05:49 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Getting logged out
    PanToshi
    Do you check the "remember me" box at sign in? If not, try that. Without that checked (only accesible on log in) I get logged out in a matter of minutes.
    Today, 05:47 PM
  • MimiMisu
    MimiMisu
    Well my logic is since I worked for free, why should only one person benefit from it, right?
    Today, 05:32 PM
  • kemingMatters
    kemingMatters
    What purpose does that serve? Really, it's not going to harm your ex-friend or their app in any way it'll just make you look like you don't know what you are doing.
    Today, 05:23 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lecture Poster

Lecture series by successful former George Brown College students. Type class project.

At first glance, felt a bit confusing up top - but after recognizing its
    wittiness, possibly with some refining I think it could be fine. If this was mine, I would look for a way to make it work all horizontally, but that's just because in this case I don't prefer the vertical type or the legibility of the composition. In my opinion, there's not enough counterspace to be spinnin' text around. Haven't been able to read into why the counters of the "O"s are filled in. A bit distracting and maybe that would help the legibility of the vertical type because my eyes go to the dots first.

Your yellow columns are a little shorter than preferred for reading - a longer measure will allow for easier reading. Shoot for atleast 45 characters/ measure if possible. And especially with your more blatant white text on the left, try and get a solid in-out-in-out rag, and attempt to avoid big gaps elsewhere.

Just making sure things line up make a big difference. Guide grids are good if you aren't using one. The way the "A" in "After" just barely doesn't touch the top of the poster is a bit "neither here nor there". Make everything look intentionally done. Make your vertical text come down to the baseline of the second half of "After". The After "t" has a little niche in the stem before it reaches the A; could close that up. Little things will begin to add up to make a big difference.

Otherwise, I like it. Good luck.

Comment

I think there's a too much going on with the title. It took awhile, but this is what I found:

- A+ in After
      - After is hyphenated
      - School Special is vertical
      - The O's in School are filled in (are they supposed to be colons?)
      - There's a slash through the "t", can't figure out why
      - After is bigger than School Special
      - After is capitalized whereas School Special is all caps
      - School Special lines up under the hyphen in After
      - Is there more?

It's just a bit too much for me. I would take out at least half of what's above and I think it will have more impact.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Very helpful stuff, jff and salsa. I'll make some changes for next weeks comp.

And Salsa, why do you think the A+ in after should go--because it's busy?

Comment

Nice concept, but as salsa said ... it's a bit too much, too much happening!

I think the 'A+' would work much better without the same blue fill on the two 'oo's, this kinda drags the eye away from the A+.

Also, a bit of letter spacing work on 'SPECIAL' .. the 'IAL' are too tight whereas the 'SPEC' are too gappy, I would try to even this up a bit.

Certainly lose the yellow slash through the 't', it doesn't really seem to serve any purpose?

Comment

PS. Would also lose the commas after FRIDAY and SATURDAY, they're messing things up on such a tight leading!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X