Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
  • dotta
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    dotta
    Thank you very much. Come to find out there was an element in my first code that stretched over the next button causing it to return to the first page. I will still try the php examples you gave me; I...
    Today, 12:02 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Flash Website

So i finally got the chance to take an art class this semester and am working on my final project for the class, which happens to be a flash website. While I have worked on numerous websites using XHTML/CSS & javascript this is my first attempt at a flash website. I still have much work to do but would appreciate any feedback on its design as of now.

http://xavier.cs.uri.edu:16080/~ngiannini/

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,
    The site you've created there is much better than I could ever do in Flash in my last year of school!

The layout is clean, easy to navigate, and loads quickly. Those are very good things.

Is something supposed to appear in the black box at the top? Nothing's showing up there for me.

The site itself also comes across as a little bit bland, although that might just be my taste. It might be because there's not a lot of graphical material or "eye candy." That's not necessarily a bad thing if you can make it work.

I love the contrast with the black and the white, but maybe you could try adding an accent colour. Perhaps the red you have on the buttons at the header is a good choice.

Overall, great job, especially for your first Flash site. Congrats!

Comment

Clean and quick to load, looks OK. The 'WEB GRAPHIC DESIGN' text is breaking up a bit due to been WoB ... maybe try slightly thicker character?

Also, I don't think Apple will be very happy with you using their logo as your favicon!

Comment

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. Hopefully once I add content in it will be a bit less bland and such. I'll work on the logo typography also. The favicon is just because of my professors server that its running on right now Ill have to edit the html/css to replace that

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X