Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    <b>
    I think a lot depends on what one's definition of a logo might be. Many beginners and amateurs tend to make logos that are really just small, complicated illustrations. Most professionals, on the other...
    Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Flash Website

So i finally got the chance to take an art class this semester and am working on my final project for the class, which happens to be a flash website. While I have worked on numerous websites using XHTML/CSS & javascript this is my first attempt at a flash website. I still have much work to do but would appreciate any feedback on its design as of now.

http://xavier.cs.uri.edu:16080/~ngiannini/

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,
    The site you've created there is much better than I could ever do in Flash in my last year of school!

The layout is clean, easy to navigate, and loads quickly. Those are very good things.

Is something supposed to appear in the black box at the top? Nothing's showing up there for me.

The site itself also comes across as a little bit bland, although that might just be my taste. It might be because there's not a lot of graphical material or "eye candy." That's not necessarily a bad thing if you can make it work.

I love the contrast with the black and the white, but maybe you could try adding an accent colour. Perhaps the red you have on the buttons at the header is a good choice.

Overall, great job, especially for your first Flash site. Congrats!

Comment

Clean and quick to load, looks OK. The 'WEB GRAPHIC DESIGN' text is breaking up a bit due to been WoB ... maybe try slightly thicker character?

Also, I don't think Apple will be very happy with you using their logo as your favicon!

Comment

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. Hopefully once I add content in it will be a bit less bland and such. I'll work on the logo typography also. The favicon is just because of my professors server that its running on right now Ill have to edit the html/css to replace that

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X