Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• city cat

Hey,

This is a uni project for a logo for a street wear company. My company's name is City Cat, what do you think?
    Attached Files
    Please visit my portfolio at http://www.behance.net/stevenscottcreative

It's an interesting concept, the roundy-ness of the end points are throwing me off, as well as the curved derriere, don't know why, everthing else is pointy in comparison.

Wondering if it would be better to round off the kitty on all ends or square off all the roundy edges?

Have you got a descriptor or something? Like "Clothing Wear" or "City Cat Clothing Co."?

Just wondering.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I think you need to refine this a lot. It's a great idea, but city nor cat are strongly represented. There's just too many lines, too many angles. It looks like a cat with a bag on it's head stumbling over glasses. I'd make the cat curvier, they're supposed to be sleek animals, then worry about the city skyline.

Comment

Yeah, cat needs to be much sleeker as Roth said.

Also, if that's the cat's tail, it looks like its front leg ... some curvature may be good there.

Get the cat ... bolt on the city later!

Comment

We arnt supposed to use any typography for this piece (just focussing on the logo)

Comment

Does your streetwear make my ass look that fat?

Comment

"phat"

Comment

ive made him more curvey, any better?
                Attached Files

Comment

If you are going for the 'rustic' look, you're not quite getting it.
                  Right now this looks like an amateur attempt at using Illustrator while not knowing what a cat looks like. Cat's noses don't turn up like some dogs'.
                  For streetwear don't you need to be a little more aggressive? A little more forward thinking? A little more edgy?
                  Your negative space says "Art". Intended?

Comment

this cats nose sticks out, so does my cats :P

Interesting that you saw art, now i see it!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your cats nose in the logo is sticking up, not out.

Comment

Yeah with the turned up blocky nose it looks more like a weird pig head than a cat.

It does sort of look like it could be his other ear and we're looking at the back of his head as he looks upward at an angle.

Comment

Go back to the angular alley cat concept. It's character brings something fresh - a bad ass edginess. Carry the angular outlines throughout all the beast's anatomy, include a paw to the raised up front leg. Blunt the nose.

Think in terms of the stealth fighter.

And there's tons of pyramidal and angular architecture out there for inspiration reference out there - abstracting the city skyline and the beast's form shouldn't be a creative restriction to the final form.

Comment

The front paw and the tail are sticking too far out and it makes the logo look too lose. I like the tail on that example of the cat you showed in post no.10 alot more.

Comment

I think a more thorough investigation of the cat shape is in order.
                              A couple dozen sketches. And in 'sketch" I mean a couple dozen completely different ways of rendering "cat".
                              neither one are really "there" yet. Same goes for the city-scape. You need to develop more ideas for "city" than the current idea.
                              Then comes the hard part: integrating the two.
                              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X