• ISitude
    Reply to What is this product ? please
    ISitude
    Whipped cream.
    Today, 03:17 AM
  • LumLum1013
    Feedback for my personal logo
    LumLum1013
    I'm in the process of a major personal portfolio overhaul, going back to the basics and revisiting my logo and identity.

Most of my graphic design work is on the corporate side, so definitely
    Today, 02:59 AM
  • mikeengland
    Reply to Have you met ...me
    mikeengland
    I haven't interned, but I have done a nice chunk of freelancing. Also while viewing other users I checked out the rules. I have applied at a few places, but so far I have had only one interview. It went...
    Today, 01:35 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Have you met ...me
    Buda
    Hi Mike and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • mikeengland
    Have you met ...me
    mikeengland
    Hello my name is Mike, my username gives it away. However I joined this forum for a few reasons including art crititques, expanding my learning, and improve myself as a professional. I am from Dayton,...
    Today, 01:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser campaign

made this for a local private school fundraiser... created it all from scratch... didnt use clip art or stock art.. got the idea from a stock art, but made it my own. im not crazy about the top part.. but thats what they wanted...

the one on the left is what it will look like when they raise all their money, the one on the right is from the start... i used velcro to attach panels... that way they can re-use it again in 2 yrs... and so on...

ive never posted my work on here, so im curios to see what everyone else thinks?
    Last edited by Ang; 12-06-2011, 02:43 AM.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    - Randy K. Milholland

Might be a good idea to indicate where the monies going. I cant read the small print at the top. Whats the significance of the hexagon. Not enough contrast between the red inverted keyhole and the % progression values. Cant tell what the big yellow box is at the top, is it a pot of gold. Might be an idea to make the excitement at the top a velcro jobby too. Its showing the excitement of OUR GOAL! even when the kitty is empty. Would some other light shade other than white be a better background, at least providing a little contrast between the white zones needing filled with the red velcro strips.
    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

$1.7 million!!! Holy heck.

I think the velcro pieces will get lost, but I'm sure they can afford new pieces?

It's a nice design. No idea what the money raised will be used for, as said earlier.

It's nice though.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

thanks for you input guys... really apprciate it! i think they didnt want anything on there for what its for bc they are going to re use this every 2 years... the 1.7 mil is over a period of one year... one year up, one year down, one year up, etc. and yeah after raising 1.7 mil if they cant afford $13 worth of new decals for the velcro pieces, um yeah...

the hexagon is their logo.. yeah its horrible... i have no idea how it ties into their school though...

heartburn, i like your idea of a different background... we do these kind of signs alot, so i will def consider that on my next one... if i think about it later ill post another one i did a while ago... that one is waay different...
        Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
        - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X