Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to imitate this crackle design/texture for a T-shirt?
    PrintDriver
    If you are silkscreening this, taking it into Photoshop isn't a very good idea. When designing T-shirts for silk screening you have to keep the color separations in mind. One color is easy from Photoshop....
    Today, 01:48 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    kemingMatters
    IMHO selling your unused ideas is akin to a carpenter selling off scraps and sawdust to a pressboard manufacturer. Your unused ideas/concepts are byproducts of the project your client hired you to co...
    Today, 01:44 PM
  • hank_scorpio
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    hank_scorpio
    I don't particularly like any of those birds, it's not really the style I wanted.

I agree the typography is out of place but the text is just a placeholder for now.

I'll try...
    Today, 01:39 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    KitchWitch
    Hi Megoggsc and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:37 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Delete post from years ago
    KitchWitch
    In the Portland thread? A mod can remove the links for you. Do you want both of those links removed?
    Today, 01:36 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk / Eagle logo

C+C please. this started as a sketch from Spanish class, but any way.

The black negative shape inside the bird throws me off - appears to be no relationship to the form of a hawk or eagle (not an expert on birds, show me if there is!). Looks kind of ax-ish. From a picky craft perspective, you want to refine any rounded edges - avoid the dings. Things may start to look more professional if you develop a system of consistency and refine the amount of space between the shape of the bird and the white outlining stroke.

In regards to its success - well there's no context. Right now, it's very football team-ish. Why don't you set some constraints for yourself? Make this same logo for a football team, a coffee shop, a ski resort, a hotel, and a construction company.

Graphic design's success or quality can't be judged in isolation; GD has a large part to do with the way graphic communication affects the attitude of its audience. GD goes beyond the aesthetics. Quality in GD is measured by the impact it produces in its audience. So without you introducing what kind of audience you have, we can't give you an encompassing critique on the overall quality of the logo.

.... back to writing my final paper on art vs. design.
    Last edited by jffvlhs22; 12-12-2009, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Even knowing what it is supposed to be and looking at it for a full two minutes, I cannot make heads or tails of it.

Something like this should be instantly recognizable.
      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
        Even knowing what it is supposed to be and looking at it for a full two minutes, I cannot make heads or tails of it.

Something like this should be instantly recognizable.
        Can you not see the rhino with a bag over his head, tied around his horn, and his hands tied behind his back, and about to be executed? Thats why his tail is up between his legs.
        When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
          Can you not see the rhino with a bag over his head, tied around his horn, and his hands tied behind his back, and about to be executed? Thats why his tail is up between his legs.
          I see a turtle's head over a do-do bird.
          "What the hell is this? You said, 'It's art. Just f***in mirror it.'" - Gordon Downie

Comment

honestly at first glance it reminds me of the buffalo sabres image... ok so im a huge hockey fan, and was just thinking i need to get tix to the next game... but still...
            Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
            - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

It's a bit hard to make out. You should try to simplify the defining lines that make up the shape.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I see the beak, but where's the aggressive looking eye that is so customary with eagles and hawks?
                “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” Lance Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by xc-runner View Post
                  I see the beak, but where's the aggressive looking eye that is so customary with eagles and hawks?
                  Given that there is no eye, I was not sure at first glance if that was a beak or a claw.
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

In agreement w/the negative space dead center. That throws the eyeflow off entirely.
                    I love my job. I hate freelancing.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X