Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    HotButton
    Igh...I believe Moto Rivista is aimed more at the "Cafe Racer" mindset, as opposed to unwashed costumed chest thumping whiners.

In any case, sorry Creare, but I think this is a...
    Today, 03:57 PM
  • typo
    Reply to Typography resources.
    typo
    Hey there guys,
    Talking about mixing fonts, I just found this book (The big book of font combinations only in pdf version as far as I can see) and I was wondering, Is there any good alternative...
    Today, 03:14 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    Momoshy
    Hey, what kind of magazine is this?
    Because, when I think of motorcycles, I think of very macho men, Heavy metal, tatooed men on Harley Davidson style, which I relate to a heavy, raw and straight...
    Today, 03:01 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to Is this too harsh?
    Momoshy
    I will give you a general advice in life, never reject by writing means. Always call, unless you have the social abilites of Sheldon Cooper.

Written messages always come across harsher than...
    Today, 02:46 PM
  • creare
    Logo motorcycle magazine
    creare
    the name to use is moto rivista, motorcycle magazine. the handlebars represents the letter t

Today, 02:30 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album artwork

This is my latest work. Hate it? Love it? Let me know what you guys think.

At first glance i like it but then when i think about it doesn't seem distinct enough. The title just doesn't feel like it would stand out in a busy environment. So i like the elements, it's a nice drawing (yours?), the type on the reverse looks OK, but there may be just too much white space, like it's all forced to the edge.

Comment

I like it. I like the 'looseness' of the drawings and the white space.

Think the title/logo needs to be bigger/stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by bulgariacalling View Post
        I like it. I like the 'looseness' of the drawings and the white space.

Think the title/logo needs to be bigger/stronger.

^^^
        I pretty much agree.

I think the title could actually use a different treatment.

The illustration is very nice.
        I don't think the typography need to be tied to closely to it stylistically.
        I think the grunge-y blot under the type cheapens the whole affair.

I think the type can be larger, but set in a soft grey, with a cleaner typeface. Perhaps tracked out so it is relaxed.

Or done by hand in a H2 pencil.
        Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

I feel like the size of the illustration and the size of the title should be reversed.

Comment

agree^ Pretty nice layout and art.

But I hate to see pregnancy associated with failure

Comment

Great work.

My only criticism is that the text looks too happy. It might be worth having it hand written instead of using a font.

Comment

I'm just glad this isn't another one of those "hey look at my awesome hip hop album cover with every cliché, filter and effect PS has to offer and images taken from a google image search."

I really like the illustration. Well done. I do agree with what some of the others have said about the title needing to be bigger.

Comment

Nice use of white space
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to give me feedback.

I'm going to consider rearranging some elements and post back here for review. In the meantime, I'd appreciate any other feedback or tips to improve this piece. Please don't sugarcoat anything either. I'd really like some tough criticism. I know this board is filled with professionals and I need to use you guys as my social mirror to better myself.

@Roth Yes, it's my illustration.

Comment

Echoing other critics on the size of the title.

On the back, I would like to see the top of the artists column lowered to align with the logo on the cover. Then the butterfly splotch and bottom-left seal could shift right. As of now the format is a square centered in a rectangle, trapping all of your white space to the boarder. That little bit of breathing room should help to make the back feel lighter.

I'm feeling not feeling the relationship between the title and the aggressive music, but the design looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Roth View Post
                        At first glance i like it but then when i think about it doesn't seem distinct enough. The title just doesn't feel like it would stand out in a busy environment. So i like the elements, it's a nice drawing (yours?), the type on the reverse looks OK, but there may be just too much white space, like it's all forced to the edge.
                        What busy environment? Music stores are near extinct. In all likelihood, these discs will be sold at the end of a show.

I really like the design.
                        "What the hell is this? You said, 'It's art. Just f***in mirror it.'" - Gordon Downie

Comment

Your design concept is pregnant with ideas. i dig the simplicity and obscure tone of the concept. reminds me of those lo-fi underground pop classics released in the late 80s (matador,K,etc.). here's my thought: why not just put the text at the side/corner of the CD sleeve or if you want to be more adventurous, don't print the title at all. the sleeve will take care of the necessary album info.
                          Last edited by urstwile; 12-17-2009, 06:28 AM. Reason: Links removed - no advertising or promotion of blogs

Comment

[QUOTE=Fredonia2k;718511]What busy environment? Music stores are near extinct. In all likelihood, these discs will be sold at the end of a show.[QUOTE]

Yes, let's all design for a wooden stand at the back of a dingy hall. That's the future.

Comment

I agree that the logo needs to be slightly larger.
                              I love my job. I hate freelancing.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X