Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• rickinsa
    Comment on 7pt. Font size is industry standard for body text?
    rickinsa
    It was more than just putting up with a less knowledgeable person. She wanted to control everything and do it all her way. Much of what she said is so over the top wrong that it just baffles me and tried...
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy s#$t , another self branding logo

hello...its been a few years since i have posted anything, so here you go

My business: mainly brand identity and some print and web stuff.

i am my own worst client!!! i am constantly reworking my logo.... i have come up with one concept i like the best but i am having a hard time nailing a font down. what do you think of the logo? and which font do you think works the best?

also the concept behind the logo is a "tinroof" shanty...

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pean77; 12-14-2009, 03:09 PM. Reason: *

The first one, but I like the colour of the second one.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Not the script face.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by pean77 View Post
        also the concept behind the logo is a "tinroof" shanty...

Thanks
        lol when i first read it i thought of the B-52 song Love Shack if i had to pick from those i'd say the second one... def not the script

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
          The first one, but I like the colour of the second one.
          me too.
          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought it was a logo for a roofing business.
            I like the first one the best, but I think you can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by holycow77 View Post
              I thought it was a logo for a roofing business.
              I didn't think roofing, but it does make me think real estate when I look at the icon. Plus when I think of a tin roof shanty, all I can picture is 3rd world country type stuff.

Not exactly something I'd want my business thought of as/associated with.

Comment

It looks like a really nice building logo. I don't think designer that's for sure.

Will you have studio or design with this logo?
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

did anybody see the "10" in the logo?

Comment

I like the first font, definitely stay away from the script.

I saw the 10, but it still makes me think of a building/real estate company more than a designer. The strokes in the icon are looking a tiny bit chunky to me as well, and the small space between the 1 and the 0 might be a problem if the logo is scaled down?

Comment

Where did the name TENROOF come from?
                      When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

heartburn.... because i couldnt call it "tin roof s*%t house" and tinroof.com was taken so i figured i would change it up a little.. i dont believe that i need to name my company after my lastname of some other stuffy sounding name. i can do outstanding work from anywhere and my office right now is no better than a "tin roof s*%t house"... i also think it is catchy
                        Last edited by pean77; 12-15-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

If you're set on the name, maybe add "Tenroof Graphic Design" or something similar?

Comment

It's nice but forced. It looks more like a stool falling off a box than a tin roof. You obviously have a talent but don't mispresent it because you can't quite be bothered to marry title and image.

Comment

evolution

here is the evolution of my logo. also i am set on the name because i already have clients that know me by that... i added a new one "refined".. let me know what you think
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by pean77; 12-15-2009, 01:09 PM. Reason: *

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X