X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law firm logo

Hey all, I have a client who hired me originally to design and develop a website for them, but their logo is horrible and I'm going to try to convince them it needs to be professionally done.

Here's one I'm working on: http://www.oldwren.com/martinwren/03-sm.png

One of the things I fear is that it may be too modern and not "business" enough. They did say they wanted it to be "modern yet conservative"... what are your thoughts?

My thought:

Get their approval for a redesign before you start doing it. You are only wasting your time right now. If they change their logo on the website, they also have to change it on business cards, letterhead, fax sheets, invoices, envelopes of all sizes, all kinds of legal documents, etc. It is a HUGE expense that they may not be willing to pay for right now.
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

if they are the firm that comes up in google (not giving website so it may link to here) i think there current logo is "fine" it could be updated but your overhaul seems extreme. i wouldn't really have a feeling of trust with that logo. sorry. it isn't horrible but it lacks the trust i'd want in a law firm.
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

agreed. The logo you have made isnt bad at all but its not well suited for a law firm. Lawyers are traditionally very conservative, and their logos must inspire trust, not web2.0 funkiness.

I had a look at the page too (at least I think I did) and their logo, to me, inspires trust more than your redesigned version does - even if it isnt as strong visually.

Give it another go - I wouldnt include any graphic elements at all, keep it purely typographical, using a simple classic serif font like Caslon or similar.

Comment

The logo you are working on says accountant or consultant to me. Not lawfirm.

I agree with the others though, get permission to work on the logo before working on it. Changing a logo isn't just about paying for your time. A lot of other things may have to be changed too.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ditto. The currect logo speaks "law firm" louder than the recreated version. I run a prepress department and yes, changing the logo can be a pain and pricey. Hit them with the idea when they are just starting to get low on letterhead and cards!! Keep all the specs the same and it wouldn't be too bad of a switch.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X