Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• branding....

hello all.....i am doing some branding for a client, he has a really strong name PSYCHO OUTDOORS. the original brand is the deer head which was done by another designer. my client wanted all strait lines so i did the best i could, but i told him it is near impossible to draw a fish with strait lines!!!! most of the product these designs will be on will be a 1 color screen print shirts, hats, etc..

also my inspiration behind the duck and the fish is the stealth fighter and of course the original brand. let me know what you think!!!!
    Attached Files

I actually like the fish. I think you cheated a little by the thing's tail (I see a curve!!) and that doesn't really look right with the rest of it being straight, but otherwise, it looks pretty good IMO.

As for the other two, if I didn't read your explanation I wouldn't know what they were... If you want to try and refine those, I'd try simplifying the shapes a bit so they'd work better.
    Show me something interesting. I won't steal it, just learn from it and draw my own conclusions.

<~Anna~>

Comment

The deer head (Browning, John Deere, etc) and the bird (Gander Mountain) have been done.

I like the fish (but it's been done -- Bass Pro?), but is there any way you could steer away from using a crazy game animal as a logo?

I like your typography -- why not just use that? It's minimal, convenient, and makes for an easier design. You're going to lose those little detailed lines when you make the logo smaller.

With the deer logo, I didn't read "deer with antlers" so much as I just stared at the antlers. Something about the eye flow with that one just doesn't read right with me.
      I love my job. I hate freelancing.

Comment

Deer heads, fish, and ducks have been done by hundreds of differnt companies. But I can't say I've seen icons like this and I fish. A LOT. And hang out in Bass Pro quite a bit too (It's the only store I'd willingly spend hours in and not even know it.)

I like these. Actually, I like these a lot. Sportsmen will know what they are, no problem. But I agree you may want to tone down the antlers a bit though.

Comment

yeah, i'm agreeing with PD. i live down south and i'm used to seeing a lot of sports brands. the fish is spot on. nicely done. the duck, maybe making it a little more edgy like the fish somehow -- evil duck? darkwing duck? the deer lost me. i think you're going to need to have some eyes and/or nose on it and then reworking the antlers.
          Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

I like both of your design a lot. Very nicely done.

As for fish, deer and birds being done before, of course they have. Show me any animal or object that hasn't been done before. But I think that the style and look that you've accomplished is original and very appropriate for the name and image of the company.

As for the original, I'm not a fan. I don't really see a deer.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X